Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my name is Tim, last summer I bought a fzr 600. I had allot of fun on the bike but I blew the motor. This winter I got my hands on a motor with only 7,000 miles. I decided that I was not just going to replace the motor, I was going to make a street fighter. I am not very good at welding but I did what I could. I got the turn signals, tail light, front headlight fairing and decals off eBay for real cheap. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree the light would look better attached to the forks. The issue is the gauge cluster, it is so large that I need to have the light out that far. I have seen people remove the cluster all together but I didn't want to do that. I might be able to mount it to the gas tank somehow. If anybody has any ideas let me know because I'm all out lol. That's for the interest.

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
I'll be the first to say welcome then.

..Welcome!

It's a real good start but a true fighter is a project that never ends I feel, so keep perfecting him!
Didn't even notice the skullies on the pipe at first, nice touch.

I agree the light would look better attached to the forks. The issue is the gauge cluster, it is so large that I need to have the light out that far. I have seen people remove the cluster all together but I didn't want to do that. I might be able to mount it to the gas tank somehow. If anybody has any ideas let me know because I'm all out lol. That's for the interest.
The gauges are of normal size. Remove the remaining fairing frame or whatever it is holding yer
headlight in place and get/make some brackets that attach the headlight to your forks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I had some free time so I made some brackets to mount the front light to the forks, I couldn't put it as low as I would like because I wanted to fit the gauges inside. I am useing white zip ties for now because I was out of black and didn't want to go to the store but I will change them soon. The fzr comes with a fairly large gauge cluster. I also removed the bubble lenses that were on the headlights, I think it looks allot better without them. Does anybody think there will be any issues with leaving the bulbs exposed? I think this is as good as it gets lol. Thanks for the suggestion, it looks allot better. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

·
Common sense is tingling!
50 Posts
... I might be able to mount it to the gas tank somehow. If anybody has any ideas let me know because I'm all out lol...
Green & yellow Play-Doh, lots of it. lol
You really could use clay to make a mold of it on the tank, then make up some kind of mask that holds it to the top of your tank. Imagination!
A few guys here have mounted the pod to the tank in different ways, I'd link you but I've found soooo many good ideas here by accident while searching for other stuff I wanted, so enjoy the hunt!

... my imagination says, at least paint the headlights the same way you did the rest of the tank & plastic.

I have to be honest when I say those Acerbis headlights ALWAYS make me want to vomit. Would've liked to see the original headlamp mounted low in the front forks somehow, keeping a little of the boxy form of the rest of the bike rather than this weird spacey-type design thing on a semi-retro bike.

No flames here bud, just brotherly criticism.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was originally going to paint the front fairing and the rims the same distressed green look but I didn't want to overdue it. Should I paint the headlight fairing and rims?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That green looks awesome but that he
Headlight has got to go

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
That last pic already looks pretty decent but yes.. Please consider changing the headlight. For instance, two small projectors would look way better.
Also, consider hiding the horn and the wiring loop above it somewhere neatly tucked from site. Cleans up the front and overall look a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts