Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Andrewvw
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sold my bandit 600, but after two months I couldn't stay away. So I recently picked up a 1991 gsxr 1100 that had the fairings already stripped for 1200. I recently replaced the timing chain tensioner & did oil etc. It already has dirty bars, but I plan on swapping out that box of a tail for a 06-07 gsxr tail & putting a mt 03 headlight on it. Ill put up pictures in the morning when there is light, but any suggestions or tips would be great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
25 Posts
hell yeah ....i kinda like the 2 squares for taillights, but I agree, its soo boxy.
I am with you, a lte model gsxr race tail is in order.
cant wait to see it man

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bring it in your bedroom and work on it.
lol yeah I d start with the tail swap first and get that knocked out, then it will give you the desire to do the rest.....
first take off all the crap on the front man! it will look cleaner

·
Andrewvw
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to pull everything off the front & just put these LED things the previous owner had as running lights. They're super thin & it would show off the beefy usd's. haha & I live in a 2nd floor apartment. I'll keep it in a friends huge garage when he leaves for college. Right now I'm 5'5 115 pounds & the handling is nowhere near where I want it to be. Is there anything I can do to help or just keep practicing on it? I'm about to order subframe mounts for a gsxr tail once I get payed in the next day.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There is a fair bit of crap you can strip off the, to make them lighter. My old gsxr 711 was about 185kgs wet.
If you change the 91 model forks and brakes to k4 model forks and brakes, you'll save about 4.4kgs.

·
Andrewvw
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the worst luck with tires.. Went on a ride with friends last night & had to overtake a semi because it was throwing wood Chios everywhere & my rear tire popped from a screw in the center lane..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts