Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on with the winter fun :)
got started stripping everything down this evening, I will take pics as i go along
to show the progress :)

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I really like this bike already, I'm in to see where you go with it...

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not doing a big job on the running gear, but will be re building the engine and powder coating the frame.

bit more done before i had enough and went to watch the tv :)

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Considering it's "just" a hornet, you've done a lot to that with some really nice top-drawer parts (I see SSSA, USD, radial, MOSFET, FCR, just for a start). Presumably you've un-detuned the motor already, fit CBR cams and advancer etc.? Kudos for making the best of what you start with, will there come a point when you've done all you can and move on, or is this one a keeper?

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering it's "just" a hornet, you've done a lot to that with some really nice top-drawer parts (I see SSSA, USD, radial, MOSFET, FCR, just for a start). Presumably you've un-detuned the motor already, fit CBR cams and advancer etc.? Kudos for making the best of what you start with, will there come a point when you've done all you can and move on, or is this one a keeper?
engine has 637 Wiseco pistons, skim, flow, re timed CBR f4 cams, has just over 100bhp which aint bad for a bike that started with not a lot over 80 as stock, but is defo a keeper

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the rest taken apart this evening, will start on the motor
later in the week.
might start cleaning/servicing the bits that have now been removed.
will need to replace the steering stem bearings as they are notchy and ruff (probably
to many heavy landings :D:D )

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took the frame round to the powder coaters for a quote

£65 + vat = £78 blasted and coated gloss black (ABOUT $50)

so left it with them, should be ready by next Monday, sorted :D

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
£80 = +/- 100$ not 50..

Good price tho, get it done

·
Veni, vidi, vici
460 Posts
Congrats on the feature. haven´t read it yet just had a quick flick through but it looks like a good one mate. :D

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers mate, not got the mag yet myself, but been sent a scan of it. well happy :D

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got the frame back yesterday, was on time as promised, well happy with the quality of finish
so will be using them again if i need any more powder coating doing.
they did ask me if i wanted to put bolts in all of the threaded holes to stop the coating
getting in, but i said i would clean them out when i got the frame back.
so this morning i cleaned the threads & bearing seats, i also re fitted the V.I.N plate.
they have covered the frame No with tape and then coated over it, i have left the tape in place
covering the number so i dont make a mess & ruin the nice new finish :lol: :lol:

will post some pics tonight when i get back from work.

·
old fart
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did some polishing and cleaning of the bottom yoke at work this morning , almost ready to re fit the bearing and bearing seats.
might do the top yoke this evening,
will try and start/finish the engine strip down this afternoon!, so i can get the engine cases and pistons down to Roger at Upperton Racing tomorrow for the re bore, whilst i am away in Spain at christmas.
then i should be able to start the rebuild some time in the new year :D

1 - 20 of 245 Posts