Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
will get on with it soon mate, just got back from three days working in south wales, so not had a chance to do anything.

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
re built the engine and fitted most of the the bits that attach to it on Fri evening.
used the 06 head (plugged Pair valve air ways) with 02 cam cover and 06 seal.
all went together with no problems.
finished off the rest of the build last night, bike started first attempt, probably
not a popular person with my neighbours as i gave it a bit of a "try out" to see if
it would smoke with a few res on.
couldnt get it to show any form of smoke :rock:, ran nice and smooth. so now just need to take it out for a propper run to double check.
hopefully that is the end to the smoking/oil usage problems! could do with less time spent pulling the motor apart so i can do other things.
as i now have the 06 temp sender my fittings for my 02 fitment temp gauge wont fit! the thread is different, plus the 06 sender has three wires where as the 02 only has 2!
if i cant sort it with an 06 sender i will have to try and sort a way of fitting my 02 sender to the 06 head 8o

first time in a long time that i have had TWO fully running bikes in the shed at the same :party-smiley:time.

(pics to follow tonight) :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
that's awsome buddy now you have two working what you gunna do you'll be bored without any thing to build lol

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
you'll be bored without any thing to build lol
will start the seat transplant on the 893 when i get back from holiday at my house in Spain next month.
not going to do anything before then coz i go this thursday :robssmilie:
dont feel like doing any work at this moment in time as i am fucked after
building a concret hard standing area outside my shed this weekend in between doing my bikes! so much for time off on Fathers day!! :doh:

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
as promised, pics of head and engine rebuild :)

well took it out for a blast tonight and it is still burning oil :Bang so looks like it is a bore/piston problem.
will be looking to get another bottom end for fitting later in the year, just have to put up with some oil usage till then.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
its still teling me i cant give you rep apparently i need to spread it but i have been and it still wont let me.
ps
im sooo jelouse of you right now lol

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
is it a standard hornet engin you are running in there?
if so ive got an old engin kicking around if its any use to you?

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
it has a 637cc Wiseco H/comp piston kit fitted mate :robssmilie:
so not quite stock
but cheers for the offer mate, mutchly appreciated

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
i am waiting to see if the rings settle in, its not smoking/eating oil half as bad as it was now
i have the new head fitted. so might get away with it not having another engine re build lol.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
hope it sorts its self out if not just give me a shout and i might be able to help...

·
old fart
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
as it is still drinking oil i have made the big decision to graft/morph both my bikes into one!
so no more CB600RR or 893 firehaw!!!
from today its CB893RR.

started to pull the bike apart today, ready for fixing all the nice bits onto the 893 engine and frame.
got Carroll nash insurance to give me a £211 quote on the Repsol with the 893 engine fitted, that is with all the benefits already on the 600 ( agreed value, same excess) so am going for that.
will be looking to get the single side swing arm and rear wheel fitted to the 893 later today.
going to get some sub frame mounts fabricated during the week, so hope to get the seat unit
fitted and sorted before the SFRR summer bash.
will be keeping the low pipe for now and fitting a new under tray with no cut out where the under seat exhaust used to be.
ever onwards :CK187:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
This build is no more little he started another build thread for building 1 beast out 2

221 - 240 of 245 Posts