Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got this thing on the road - been working on it here and there for a long time. It's just a Kanatuna and my first project, but I'm still happy with it so far. Had to rebuild just about every system on this neglected old thing. There are a couple of cosmetic things left to do (modifying the tail section fairings and wrapping the pipes) and I have to rebuild the rear brakes. I might also do something with the gauge housing /mount I made.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
no pictures?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dudad said:
no pictures?
Just posted the pics - hope you can see them. Yeah, yeah, I ride a Katana. My main bike is a Harley FXDX. I wanted to work on something I wouldn't be too worried about messing up for my first project. Next I'll get a recent model GSXR, R6, or ZX6R. So what do you think - does it still look too much like a Kanatuna? The mods I'm gonna make soon should help, too. But I'm not going to spend the $$$ on handlebars for this one.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I ride a katana too..........sort of

:blbl:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
McBain said:
Just posted the pics - hope you can see them. Yeah, yeah, I ride a Katana. My main bike is a Harley FXDX. I wanted to work on something I wouldn't be too worried about messing up for my first project. Next I'll get a recent model GSXR, R6, or ZX6R. So what do you think - does it still look too much like a Kanatuna? The mods I'm gonna make soon should help, too. But I'm not going to spend the $$$ on handlebars for this one.

The 'you ride a Katana' thing is his signature. He's got one too :D

I like the look of your bike. Alllll black.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I think its really cool doing katanas. When I was looking for a bigger bike after riding the 500 for a year i saw katanas and was like wow, those are ugly. Then you guys make some really nice looking katana's. Really impressive.

Nate

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
you should trim the lower part off the tail fairing, makes it look alot better. I did it to the 600 i had.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
nice bike! :metal:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dudad said:
you should trim the lower part off the tail fairing, makes it look alot better. I did it to the 600 i had.
I've been trying to figure out exactly how to chop up the tail section. Got any pics of the one you did? My plan as of now is to cut out some sections and attach steel mesh to the inside of the plastic with an epoxy.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Look how he trimmed the lower portion of the tail

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts