Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to revamp my Mini 14 into a slightly more modern package.

Ordering an Archangel Sparta stock to get things started:

No mods on it now. Stainless Ranch Rifle with folding stock. Have an old laser sight and red dot scope.

No idea what other mods to get, yet. Any advice from those that know?

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
how do ya find the mini 14 ? I have family works in Ruger ,Newport NH . Can get me one of them very cheeeeep . I'm tempted :)

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
I loved the mini 14 we had around (bunch of us had different rifles and would shoot together) great rifle.

I thought you lived in commiefornia Smoker? Those mods will def be against the rules of your land.

That said, DO IT!! looks like a cool package!

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
Cant have either so far as I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
Look up cali legal ar 15s... crazy shit they have to do to make them legal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
They just passed a law requiring the mag to be non-removavle
bullet button thing is pretty easy way to get around that tho.

fixed stocks only would just take out so much of the fun

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
bullet button thing is pretty easy way to get around that tho.

fixed stocks only would just take out so much of the fun

I saw something about making the bullet button illegal there also. So that you absolutely cant just pop it out without disassembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another unfinished project. Not sure what happened.

Stayed up all night looking at parts. Can't spend much time on this, so started ordering.

Keep in mind, I know very little about firearms- so you won't see anything exotic here. I only use it for plinking and protecting my shit, so nothing special is needed.

Ordered a ProMag Archangel Stock. Should look like this:

My (stainless) mini came with the OEM pistol grip & folding stock. It's convenient, but I never really liked the look or performance.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered this scope mount. I like the speed holes. :D

Already have this, but don't like the big thumbwheel on the side. Ugly, and stainless- weighs 36 grams alone.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
that reminds me of sks rails... makes single loading impossible and every round that comes out bashes the scope/mount

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will be replacing an antique LS45.

Maybe the first laser sight available. Cost close to $500 usd in the '80s. Still works like new.

Great fun unloading onto yellow plastic cups in the dark.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Highly recommend a Burris Fastfire 3, 3moa red dot - unless you want magnification?
Maybe a little magnification.

Thinking about a Nikon P-223 3x32 Carbine scope. And maybe a smaller laser sight for shooting from the hip, or in the dark.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that reminds me of sks rails... makes single loading impossible and every round that comes out bashes the scope/mount
Never had that issue with the Mini-14.

There's over an inch of clearance with the scope mount I have now, and the new one is the same. It's elevated so the original flip-up rear sight can still be used.

This is another popular rail style for the Mini-14 and is considerably lower.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Maybe a little magnification.

Thinking about a Nikon P-223 3x32 Carbine scope. And maybe a smaller laser sight for shooting from the hip, or in the dark.

I've got one of these fixed 3 powers on my truck AR.

It's pretty nice, and has two offset rails for a red dot or small laser, and the mount with removable spacer (part with holes) is built into the optic.

Also has an illuminated reticle that you can set to red or green. But since the reticle is etched, it also works with the illumination turned off.

Vortex makes really good products for the money, and are hard to beat in quality until you get over the $1k range.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/

1 - 20 of 69 Posts