Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
What's wrong w what you got? The gray laminate layer on top vs black? Prob gonna have the same issue w the rosewood, natural wood will be worse actually. No 2 pieces the same.
I see. The ones I ordered look like the black & gray colors are reversed. Definitely different, and not jn a good way.

Well, since I don't know what the Rosewood will look like, exactly- I'll give them one shot. If I don't like them, back they go. Will probably have to pay return shipping and restock fees, but that's shopping on the net.

If the Rosewood goes back, I'll order the Black. Hopefully, it'll actually be black. :D

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ok. Time to get back to work on these projects.

Don't expect to use them any time soon, but it seems like a good time to make sure all weapons are ready to go.
If not now, when? :D

Last post, I was going to order a rosewood laser grip for my Officer's ACP. Unfortunately, only available for the full size pistol. Haven't followed up on another laser, and still have some other issues to work out.

Pretty sure I've got all the parts I want for the Mini. Doing a complete cleaning and inspection, now.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Can hardly wait to try this out. Been playing with it at home to get used to the weight.

Stock length and cheek pad are adjustable and there's a stash box in the pistol grip. The sight has green and red adjustable brightness, or just crosshairs. Power is 1-4x24. I installed new Ruger springs and parts for the gas block.

Looking into a strap and small laser for the front rail.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Very happy with the Mini-14 mods. California is changing the law, so now sporting an OEM Ruger 30-round clip, giving it a more military look.

Been working on a plan to fix up my stainless Colt Officer's 45.

Novak will cut dovetails for Novak Tritium Sights and do the installation. Also will re-blast the matte finish on the stainless slide. They're going to send the slide back to me before installation, so I can have it black DLC coated.

Before that, I want to have the ejection port lowered as a repair. Not sure how I got a ding there. Probably got carried away pistol whipping some terrorist. You know how that goes. :oops:

No idea where to send it for gunsmithing, but thinking about this place:

https://rifleshooter.com/2017/03/1911-gunsmithing-lower-and-flare-ejection-port/

Also want a new plunger tube installed, and repolishing of the slide sides and the frame.

·
BLACK BELT
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got shot down. :doh:

Gunsmith said he's way backed-up with work. Not taking on any new jobs.

According to the link I posted, it takes some special tools to lower the ejection port and stake in the plunger tube. Need to find someone who works with 1911s.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

·
4,400 Posts
A buddy of mine does gunsmithing. Check out nevermiss industries on Facebook or give them a call. They’re here in central wa. But he specializes in 1911 and 2011 pistols. 509 945 0962

61 - 69 of 69 Posts