Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
round eyes and the point of the nose make it look like a lizards face. I dig it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Excellent work so far, I am really digging this bike!
Appreciated, chap :)

The Yellow peril has been sucking up most of my enthusiasm and kisses of late, but when I stop for a moment and look at the Yam I think... (Damn u r hot!).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Cleaned up the fairing and cropped away the damage just behind the mirror mount - about 3 inches off the fibreglass and a slither taken from the screen for balance. Hardly noticeable..

Before:

[URL="[/URL]

After:

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So the new fairing looks like shit on the build..and my little race bikini number got damaged! Double bollocks!

Found a unit over in Italy that make a beautiful (symmetrical) race fairing for the 4xv - Ordered!

Undertail tip figured out..

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
afternoon auction on eBay - had to take a punt... a peach at 35 bucks!

Nicest looking TZ350 tail unit I've seen in a long time..and freshly painted to boot! A cool bit of gubbins to have hanging around for potential projects (of course I'm gonna see how it looks on top of the Yam's noo subframe! :))

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

And this is the race fairing from the lovely talented Italian folk (edging is on the button!)

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So the TZ seat unit arrived this evening - unboxed it and immediately thought (Help ma Boab it's tiny!!). I totally gnashed downstairs and over to the workshop to see how it would look on the Yamster :)..

...it looks utterly savage good! Looks like I'll be making another subframe :))

[URL="[/URL]

..n colour matched to boot! Bizarre!

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
got it out my system today - shaped the MK1 subframe so that the tz seat sat correctly to give me an idea of the overall relationship. It looks monumental 3/4 and viewed directly from behind - side on it would take a bit of work to find the right fairing to give it the absolute proper vibe. I'll leave it for a future project and crack on with the initial programme....

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

This shot makes it look almost cartoon-like....remarkable fatness!

[URL="http://[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
finally we have something to sit on...

..sloping back plate will have some trick venting detail popped in - also the perfect place for a number plate..

Seat was shortened again by 15mm - subframe back angle aligns nicely with the kick up slope on the seat unit now!

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

Fisheye ya Bass (pun intended) :)

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That unsightly bit on the tailpiece that the original aerofoil wing things were screwed to - I was gonna body filler it and be done, but today I had the grinder plugged in (for a change) and decided to cut me some blade-like slithers to slot in and fill the shallow recesses..of course they had to be drilled..and mesh will find its way behind there too! I'm liking the triangular hole character in the mainframe engine mounts and it's making sense to provide more holes to expand on the whole hole vibration of things..

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

uh huh bigger holes needed..

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

41 - 60 of 76 Posts