Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have had this since november of last year
last month i started getting a lot done on it and now it is almost ready to go :)
Just needs lights,brakes bleeded either paint or just clear the gas tank and re-do the wiring to my liking.
I will be rebuilding the carbs as soon as the carbs kits come in.
Let me know what ideas you guys have and what you think of her in the current state.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks awesome! What were you thinking about doing headlight-wise?

·
1078RR Stealth Fighter
93 Posts
Love the lines on the tank. Find a way to tie it to a front fender. Like find one w the same geometry and then do a 2 tone paint scheme to highlight the shape of the bike.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Niiiiice.... id like to know what front end combo of parts you have. As i have veeeery similar frontend and am looking for disk spacing info actually any bit you can rattle of im interested in. Im building the steel frame version of this bike so naturally i love seeing what ya got goin on :) ....

Thanks ..

:knucks:

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Niiiiice.... id like to know what front end combo of parts you have. As i have veeeery similar frontend and am looking for disk spacing info actually any bit you can rattle of im interested in. Im building the steel frame version of this bike so naturally i love seeing what ya got goin on :) ....

Thanks ..

:knucks:
I have a the whole front end off a 96-99 Gsxr and as far as adapting it to the frame pretty straight forward
two bushings one on top tree since stock stem is smaller diameter than GSXR
and one steel one for bottom so that the stock stem is welded to that and then pressed in.
I was able to get the work done for $110
My machinist was a really nice 74 year old guy who I found right down the street from me and he had it done within a couple of hours
You need disc spacing measurements?

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Yes plz...

I have 91 gsxr1100 forks/triples/ stretched gsxr stem with stock head bearings and all stock hardware. Rf900 front wheel. Busa 6pots and bandit 12 rotors.

And i either need to space my rotors OUT. or space my calipers IN. Or find a wheel with correct hub width so i can be 100% spacer/adaptor free in the front end.

Hurumph.

Ty for the reply

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Front end looks good on the old girl.

two suggestions
1. de tab the subframe and move the lower brace so it connects to the end of the first seat is. This would move it away from the tire and give a more aggressive look
2. find a three spoke rear wheel. it just looks odd with the two different rims

·
Tiemishuu
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Front end looks good on the old girl.

two suggestions
1. de tab the subframe and move the lower brace so it connects to the end of the first seat is. This would move it away from the tire and give a more aggressive look
2. find a three spoke rear wheel. it just looks odd with the two different rims
That is the plan with the subframe but since I do not weld or have the cash to start I have to find someone who can do it for me :/

The next thing is a swingarm swap so for sure I will be updating the rear wheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts