Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got rid of my Kay now I got this beaut. First day I got rid of the reflectors the mirrors adjusted the bars moved the license plate took off the turns and painted the radiator guards and headlight brackets black, looking for cheaper exhaust ideas. I don't want to do straight pipes on this one out of fear of messing her up but I'm contemplating going megaphone exhaust or like a m4 carbon shorty or somethen. Any ideas or downsides to the megaphone? Other than that I'm going to get some bar ends some clip one rather than handle bars. Going to change the headlight and gauges later down the road but I don't want to mess with that now.

before i worked on it

ignore my friend that looks stoned for some reason!

AFTER DAY ONE OF TINKERING

pic of me on the bike to show how it looks with some weight on it!

·
Whomadethatmanagunner?
3,288 Posts
I think a megaphone will be way too loud. I had a cut down to shorty size leo vinci that was loud but not obnoxious, and that was with all the packing put back into it.

I think back in Vegas I have some SS brake lines for the front (maybe back) of 2nd gen SV's with handlebars. I can check if you're interested when I go home mid December.

·
Over Stimulated
87 Posts
Nice Bike love the sv second gens mind postind some large pics.

Even if you ran straight pipe it shouldn't fuck the engine the collecter has a baffle in it plus the third pipe to add back preasure to the front cylinder. I didnt notice any power loss when I rode my k6 sv650 with a straight pipe for a while but it was deafening.

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think a megaphone will be way too loud. I had a cut down to shorty size leo vinci that was loud but not obnoxious, and that was with all the packing put back into it.

I think back in Vegas I have some SS brake lines for the front (maybe back) of 2nd gen SV's with handlebars. I can check if you're interested when I go home mid December.
Ok man cool sounds good to me!:party-smiley:

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys I want her loud as can be. My last bike ran straight duals for almost a year and a half and it was my daily too. I want it straigt so y'all are saying it won't hurt to run her straight? Ok then straight it shall be. Umma save me some money now. Plus it will look cleaner

·
treefucking hippie
193 Posts
one of my mates has one of these and invested in a yoshi.. sounded amazing. i fucking love SV's of most gen's... i'm seriously tempted to get one for my next project if i can find one cheap enough. my old sfv was fucking great fun

·
Over Stimulated
87 Posts
Ive got a cut down yoshi on mine it sounds good but the straight pipe sounds awesome I just love that raw sound just ive done enough hearing damage already.

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I absolutely love the way it sounds a well. Plus people get out of my way for a change rather than entering my lane. And as far as the hearingnloss.....well let's just say that I didn't go anywhere on my bike not even really the gas station without my beats audio earbuds.... They are pricy but with them I actually still here songs when riding my bike!

·
this is my boomstick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok guys forgive me the weather today has been very shitty you can tell from the pictures and their quality. but i didnt want to keep you guys waitin. didnt get to wash her but i at least wiped her down a little bit. hope yall like it so far.
:shocker:

and here the video's link(again shitty sound quality but you get the idea)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts