Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was super stoked today to go pick my 2nd r6. It's a 07 raven with with a full yoshie system auto tube PC shorty levers 7k miles and just perfect condition.

Sex on wheels

Sounds great feels great.......well till 2.2 miles down the road when it high sided me 15 feet in the air. **** I JUST BOUGHT IT. The damage isn't to bad I thought it broke my wrist in the accident but I rode 30 miles home in stupid pain. I just left the hospital with chipped bones in my wrist but no real brakes so I guess that's a plus. Here's the damage. Craked head light scuffed up left side fairings rash on stater cover and a small crack in it that is very very very slowly leaking oil ripped a frame slider off threw the rear seat off and scuffed that a bit but all in all for it throwing me 15 feet in the air at 40mph it came out good.

Not bad I'm just glad I put full coverage on it on my way to buy it and put on my one piece suit gauntlet gloves helmet and boots for the ride home.

O yea and the reason it happened I think I figured out. When the second cop showed up I asked if she had a pressure gauge. She did I put it on and found 50psi in the rear. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? I ride at 21 psi on the track and haven't really ridden on the street in 3 months so I went from a 190 with stupid awesome grip to a 180 that was more like a roller blade wheel.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This bike has a 180 and it was jacked up to 50+psi I'm surprised it didn't fly away it had much air in it.

And yea I'm super happy I didn't fuck the tank up but as soon as the insurance adjuster comes cuts me a nice fat check I'm throwing track plastics on it. I'll slowly collect the fairings used in good condition incase the r6 sells that way I'll have a street bike to ride if I feel like it until the 636 is done. Which after this wreck I'll either have more time to work on it or I won't finish in time but I'm pushing to finish in time

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's my suit I wore. I only wore it one track day before my attempt at flying now it's pretty fucked up hopefully insurance covers it.
My ass

Arms

And stupid photo bucket won't upload my other pics but the legs are fucked up my gloves took a beating 1 of them ripped ( so much for spend the extra $$$ on quality gloves they ripped like cheap ones) helmet has a nice spot from me landing on my head. I'm getting pretty good at landing on my head when I crash lol. At least it's only cosmetic to the bike and if it wasn't my new track whore it'd be getting the fighter treatment.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

Is that tire new? I've had those wonderful people at cycle gear change tires before and found the pressure way too fricking high...

Sexy bike man! Good luck at the track with it!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire was had less then 100 miles on it. When the guy called me back letting me know his bank will have the title on Friday I told him what happened and said why I thought it happened. He said there's no way it had to do with tire pressure I filled the tire with a shit ton of air last night.

Yea I bought a bike from an idiot who explained to me it's to hot to wear gear around here as I stood there in a 1 piece suit with boots gauntlet gloves and a helmet on.

·
I R smart.
562 Posts
Is it me, or do the idiots outweigh everyone else? I have had a laundry list of issues with my bike as well. Tire pressures too low. Wiring chewed up, all the screws are damn near stripped out cause they are over torqued. Took me 2 hours to get the oil filter off cause I swear they put it on with an oil filter wrench. Great looking bike though man, and that's shitty luck.

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Tire was had less then 100 miles on it. When the guy called me back letting me know his bank will have the title on Friday I told him what happened and said why I thought it happened. He said there's no way it had to do with tire pressure I filled the tire with a shit ton of air last night.

Yea I bought a bike from an idiot who explained to me it's to hot to wear gear around here as I stood there in a 1 piece suit with boots gauntlet gloves and a helmet on.
You've got to be shitting me. You told him it had 50 psi and he said "that can't be I filled it up with a ton of air last night"?

I was going to guess that maybe it was from them filling the tires up that full to seat the bead in place and forgetting to let the excess pressure off afterwards, but nope. That's just an idiot. For his health, it's probably good he got off 2 wheels. It sucks ass you had to pay for it. I hope your wrist heels up quick. Sorry that happened.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ahh that really sucks, but good thing the damage to you or the bike is nothing major; almost high sided once at 55 mph and aint no joke that shit is scary. Whered you land?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
shit dude. sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
totaly bummed out for ya Matt' I do a lotta tyres and cannot beleave tha condition of some that I see:doh: let alone pumped with a 'shitload of air'.In al me years of riding and wrecking I have never high sided,always slid fortunatly.I cannot help but thank yer lucky stars yer not beat to shite mate:knucks:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel beat to shit. The cop who was coming the other way down the street and saw my superman routine said I must have been almost 15 feet in the air. So around 40mph 15 feet in the air straight onto the street I feel like I got run over by a train. I'm so glad I decided to wear full gear because If I just had a jacket helmet boots and gloves id have road rash all over me and I'd bet money that a jacket wouldn't have kept me any where near as safe as the 1 piece did.

I may have the worst luck in the world but I'm not a dumbass

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
You've got to be shitting me. You told him it had 50 psi and he said "that can't be I filled it up with a ton of air last night"?

I was going to guess that maybe it was from them filling the tires up that full to seat the bead in place and forgetting to let the excess pressure off afterwards, but nope. That's just an idiot. For his health, it's probably good he got off 2 wheels. It sucks ass you had to pay for it. I hope your wrist heels up quick. Sorry that happened.

Come on man, you know hes trading up to a busa

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Come on man, you know hes trading up to a busa

He said he wanted a r1 lol. Which is retarted because me riding the 30 something miles home with a fucked up wrist got the bike over more then he did riding it "hard".

Good news to come out of this though. The insurance company put it under investigation because I wrecked less then an hour after I put full coverage on it. Today they cleared it all up and the adjuster is coming to look at it Friday to asses and write me a check. Seeing how this bike is going right into track clothes I don't need to buy the expensive as fairings so the check they write I'll get a new stator cover clutch lever frame sliders and pocket the rest. With my research on parts this may end up being a free bike

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Im glad youre alright dude, but what the fuck? Its a miracle you got that bike from that dude in anything better than rideable condition. Its a miracle He didnt kill Himself on it already and I guess its a good thing you got it from Him before He killed Himself on it. That being said, with what youve said about this guy if it were me I would go through that bike with a fuckin fine tooth comb and make sure EVERYTHING is in spec. Evefry last nut and bolt. Id also suggest taking it real easy on whatever new bike you get and when you get this one back on the road. Its a really wreckless and dangerous thing to assume any bike you ride is gonna act just like your track bike. Next time you might not be so lucky.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts