Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this for an old tired sbf out of my 72 f100.
Its got a 212cc harbor freight motor. I think its like 6 horse. But don't quote me on that.
I'm push in 350 and it'll haul my big ass around.

Behold.

Yeah its straight piped. :rock:

And the little one already thinks its his.

Sorry for the crappy pics. This thing is way more fun than an old motor I had in the shed for 5 years.

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It needs more ass. What should I swap into er?
I got a bead on an 82 yz250 but I don't know it the "rub the rear wheel with a metal plate" brake will work for a 45 horse motor. But there is quite a bit of room in the frame.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Whatever you can stuff in there. Can you do something to upgrade the brakes? Maybe pickup a cheap front end off a pit bike with a front rotor.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
And that fucking sprocket is HUGE!!!!!!

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm definitely thinking about taking it to the next level. Any motor upgrade is going to require brakes. The minibike forum guys seem to think the 6.5 is plenty. I laughed. I am seriously thinking about snaggin that yz250 and having something that you can't even ride.
Who thinks a 80's two stroke 250 race bike has to much oomph to swap into a minibike? Noone on here i hope. :rock:
And the sprocket is actually to large. It rubs. The concrete...

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was just turned onto the idea of using the sprocket as a brake rotor and installing a rear caliper. Any advice on what front master will work with a rear caliper. (Dont even know if the sprocket has enough clearance to do this) Don't need much and don't even want to think about the ramifications of locking it up.
What would happen if I did lock it up? Chain pop off? Motor damage?
I just don't know.
Need advice.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I've seen Custom chopper with brakes on the actual sprocket before. I'll see if I can find it. But I assume that if it's running on a centrifugal clutch that it shouldnt be an issue. Just make sure you got the clearance to fit all that shit in there.

Didn't have to look too far. It's all over the inter webs. Just on a larger scale. I think it'll be a lot of work that truly may no be worth.

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's not enough frame clearance to space the sprocket out enough to fit a caliper around the sprocket. Not without sourcing a narrower wheel.
Are there any other creative way of adding brakes?

I did get a muffler for it. Just Gatta chop it and weld it to the header.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I can't buy things like this, I'd work on them instead of my bike!

go all out, shove a goldwing heart in it (LOL)

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ended up getting this scooter that turned out to be a hateful Chinese "KTM" knockoff. 49cc 138qmb powered. I think its push in like 3hp. Got it for nothing , doesn't run. But its street legal without a tag/reg. Now to find a two stroke 125 to swap cause 30 mph is gay.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts