Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Oh man, first thing I'd do is wash the dang thing! Poor thing looks like its been sitting in the barn for 50 years, and its not even old enough for that!

The bodly lines are unique, I'd hold with them. USD forks are needed if you want to make it look new and cool. Leave the stock ones if you want to stay retro. A swingarm swap deffinatly, maybe look at a ZRex, I believe they have dual rear shocks??? If not, I'd do a SSS and a single shock conversion.

All in all, I'd go for something like this: (not my pic, but it was photochopped)

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats planed is a Gixer 11 or Bandit 12 motor
Brace the frame and remove unwanted pieces
Maybe a Bandit swing arm / monoshock setup
USD front end
Ninja 12 or Honda VTR tail section
Modify the nose fairing
one off exhaust
Wave Roters
Braded Lines
Earls oil cooler and top end oiling lines
Some Bling Bling bits

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i know i know its a classic, but what about taking off that hideous upper fairing?!

the bike has decent lines aside from that. i just cant stand that thing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would find a way to blend the fairing and/or the seat unit into your project. They are what would still identify it as being a classic Katana, a bike with Moto GP roots.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
so many ideas...I want a katana (ol skool) bad...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
man... i really just think those are about the ugliest bikes i've ever seen! IMHO.

wtf is with that upper fairthing? lots of people like them, i've seen em in streetfighter all built up. just doesnt fit into my brains catalogue of cool at all.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Urbandrag said:

Holy moly, 1500cc w/ NOS! Thats just wicked. Funy how their are so many different niche's in biking eh? Building a bike like that would not really get me going, yet the drag strip guys probly drool over it. ...ah who knows, maybe someday I'll buy a Busa, chome it, slamm it, stretch it, and pretent like I'm cool:napoleon2:

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
929_adam said:
man... i really just think those are about the ugliest bikes i've ever seen! IMHO.

wtf is with that upper fairthing? lots of people like them, i've seen em in streetfighter all built up. just doesnt fit into my brains catalogue of cool at all.
Well they were a love em or hate em design.
But they look a lot nicer than the new STICKER katanas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would own a classic silver Katana in a heart beat. And change nothing about the looks of the bike except maybe wider wheels and an aftermarket oil cooler. You can do a ton of engine mods on those babies. They are a few running around over here with pistons, cams and flatsides and they run great!

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Candyman said:
Holy moly, 1500cc w/ NOS! Thats just wicked. Funy how their are so many different niche's in biking eh? Building a bike like that would not really get me going, yet the drag strip guys probly drool over it. ...ah who knows, maybe someday I'll buy a Busa, chome it, slamm it, stretch it, and pretent like I'm cool:napoleon2:
It's got a TURBO to.
http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/category.asp?idCategory=60

·
Registered
25 Posts
katana john said:
I'm likin that.
Do you see any with the Bandit 12 motor?
No, but they do make one for that GS1200SS that came out a few years back...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts