Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got to upload my pictures from my trip to florida.
to start out it only took me 23 hours to make a 10 hour trip. bike broke down twice, tipped over 3 times, and i ran out of gas twice.
all was well up until atlanta when i hit rush hour traffic. then i figured i needed to get gas soon, but i ran out of gas on the side of the interstate. a cop gave me a ride to a gas station but wouldnt give me a ride back... assholes. they patted me down to make sure i didnt have a weapon, but i did. they couldnt believe i was carrying a knife lol... i didnt get in trouble for it though. they just laughed at me and let me alone. then my battery died and got it charged and almost fried but some dumbass at the auto parts store nearby.
so i was fine for a while but then my bike ran out of gas somewhere in florida and i had to push it 2 miles up hill. so after pushing it in 100 degree weather, i drank 2 liters of water and a liter of gatorade. great time, let me tell ya.
then after about another 30 minutes i went to stop for gas and the pack on my handlebars swung one way and tipped the bike over and i fell off. i was pissed, and my bike flooded and wouldnt start. so after trying to start it for a minute my battery died. i walked to the harley shop about a mile away and they charged my battery for me. they were real nice about it and let me take a nap there and they did it for free. that was in gainesville. i'd go ridin with them any day.
so from there i got back on my bike and started ridin and was only about 2 hours away, but of course it started raining and it rained the whole rest of the way.
i did meet a supervisor for pac sun and he gave me some nice coupons which i got to use yesterday. ended up gettin a pair of spy sunglasses for $15 and a bunch of clothes for about $45. not a bad day.
well just thought i'd share my ride story with ya. i'm a little tired or else itd be more detailed. anyway if anyone in florida wants to ride let me know. im down here for good.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha it was a good experience though. met a lot of cool people. and not too many people can say they took a long ass trip on a gixxer.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
haha it was a good experience though. met a lot of cool people. and not too many people can say they took a long ass trip on a gixxer.
especially a custom fighter gsxr.

definately was an adventure haha. but hey, it wouldnt be a story if you drove all the way down uneventfully. clear weather, roads, and maintenance record. thats not what long distance trips are about.

:LolLolLolLol:

STORYTIME_BY_ADAM said:
when i was going into my senior year of high school i went to south dakota for the summer to work for my godfather's construction company and stay with them. . .

i drove my 88 VW Quantum from MA there...and probably broke down like 5 times. the car just kept freaking overheating. i took pictures every time we were pulled over and my pops was under the hood adding water to the rad to get us by. hahaa.

we even got stuck in some NO NAME town with a population of like 25 for about two days until we found some farm hand mechanic to fix the dub. haha.

it was a crazy fuckin trip..but i probably wouldnt remember it much if none of that had happend! lol. and i got some really great pictures too!

where abouts are you in florida?? i have a couple friends down there.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now im in tampa but im just stayin with a friend for now. im gettin a house in daytona in a couple weeks.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
me and my wife went to brown county in indiana a couple last week. we left nashville , in. and went to bloomington and there wasnt a cloud in the sky. seen die hard and came out and pouring hard enough you couldnt see 15 feet in front of you. it took us 2 hours to get 18 miles. curvy rodes with no reflectors in the middle. worst ride of my life

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
okay, so i tried to go to the local sportbike shop but its the 4th so it was closed. right next to it was the harley shop, and it was open so i thought for sure they could at least order me some drag bars for a decent price. so i go in there and its a bunch of fat, ugly, leather and bandana wearing harley guys and weekend cruisers i guess.
anyways i go back to the parts area and ask if they have what i needed and he asked me about some stuff and went back in the back to check. so i'm just standing there and this complete fat ass (about 5'9 320) is behind the counter and helps the couple that was standing next to me. they bought some little bling accesories... whatever. so theyre standing there talking and the customer starts to talk about how his nephew can ride a 100mph wheelie and he was sounding surprised and shocked that he would do that. and the guy behind the counter says "WELL I JUST THINK WHEELIES SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. AND YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO BUY ONE OF THEM CROTCH ROCKET THINGS UNTIL YOUR AT LEAST 30." i started to laugh and they gave me a nasty look and i was just thinkin to myself "i guess you have never tried to do a wheelie in front of a cop." what a dumbass. anyways they couldnt order my bars because harley bars dont taper to 7/8"... they are all 1". but i thought it was funny and thought i'd share it with ya.
second thinking those harley shops now big guy ?

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha way to bring up old topics. but, i'm glad you made it outta the heavy rain safely. real bad rain sucks, but it can be fun too haha

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope. no gauges at all. i would have a speedo but my old man threw my sigma away the day before i left. he thought the box was empty. a brang new speedo... i couldnt believe it. oh well. at least i didnt get caught for speeding.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I hear ya. My old bike has no gas guage, but it has a reserve tank at least. (nothing like loosing all power on the interstate!) I'm ditching all the gauges too, and am looking at the Sigma since I've seen some good reviews on here. The only thing naggin me is no backlight.....

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
screw gauges. who needs em? well, not me anyways. and the sigma is only like 30 bucks whereas the others are hundreds. i'd rather spend my money on somethin else... but thats me.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
the cheap one is 14 bucks shipped. dont get much cheaper for what it has. but id like a veypor to cus of the billet case you can get for it. but the endurance has one also.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
be gracious and accept the post whoring. for without this thread would inevidably die for lack of interest. so whores keep it alive and keep bumped to the top. and since no one starts at the last post of a thread each new person will take the time to start at the beginning to see where the babbling started and your legacy will live on and people will know of your struggles to get to a better place. whoring isnt so bad, its not like thread jacking where i would say to haelo our indianapolis colts cheerleaders far surpass the detroit lions in beauty and bonability. and we were taking your initial story into our whoring as you did run out of gas because of no gauges so our whoring was with a general direction of your original thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts