Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to the site and this is what im up to at the moment
it started life as a bog standed gixer 750 slabside
all work is done by myself ,as why should you pay for some one else to doit when you can do it your self (doint think ive done to bad upto now
this pic is were im up to now

this pic is just to show you the colour better

and this pic is close up of paint

at the momet im doing the wheels ,just striped wheel,s and started to prep up for polishing

any questions just ask

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I dig the bike man, but that tail section is a bit large IMO. but its your bike so rock on.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
It's the good ole SRAD bubble butt! lol It looks better on this bike than it does on the bike it came from!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was thinking of changeing the rear but doint know what for
cos over here all or most street fighters heve r6 ,r1 rear ends and now have started to do the german rear up in the air thing
was thinking fo puting a mv rear end on but what ever gos on it carnt be a solo seat or wife will kill me
anyone know of any good fiber glass rear end places or as any body got anything hideing in there shed/workshop i could look at

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I think that back end suits the rounder slabside tank than the pointy Yamaha stuff everyone is addicted to. I don't know which rear end I'm gonna use on my Slingshot, but I'm leanin' towards an SV1000 seat unit. It's point but with the more square tank, I think it would look good. Have you looked at a TL1000S or VTR1000 Firestorm unit? Those would look good as well I think!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
that is a fuckin saweeet looking bike for sure! nice work!

agree the ass end is a little ba-dunk'ish... a TL tail might be nice. or a newish gsxr

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
but you can fit a 6 pack under the back seat of an SRAD!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
endo said:
but you can fit a 6 pack under the back seat of an SRAD!
of bottles! :muah:

goblin i like how you painted the head cover...you should do your engine side covers as well. and maybe the center of the rims????

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts

This is the seat I am thinking of using for my project. its from a ducati and can get it in a carbon/FRP mix for about 175 bucks if your interested.

I am going all carbon but you can paint over it as well. I can also get it made in just Fiberglass also.

A bit large maybe but it might look good on a wider body project like yours.

Opps no pillion your wife would hate me ....never mind.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i still think pointy rears look good on slabby's.

yes, this is my old bike.

your bike looks shhweet though. can't say i've ever seen that style tail on a slabside. looks awesome.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
yup, i like that. "lightens" the look of the bike.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts