Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fianlly got a chance to work on my bike. it's very much in progress but hopefully it will be rideable by next weekend i didn't do alot of body mods, mostly performance this year. i'm shopping for a new front end and am drawing up a new rear but for now atleast i can ride.
here are some before:

and some from this weekend...

my work area is very cramped so it was even hard to take pics. once this rain stops i'll pull it out and take some better pics.
so what do you guys think??

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Looks good! Do you have any shots of it from the side with the new look? I wish I had access to all of that equipment!!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I need bigger better equipment!! ( insert that's what she said joke here).:D

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I dig the cnc mill setup, fun fun. bike looks good too

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll have some outside pics soon. right now i'm working in a shed with barely enough room to walk around the bike. i do feel spoiled with the cnc at my disposal but trust me i deal with alot of shit to have that privilage. i am running the same tail section as seen in the before pics but i am working on something new.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Shed...LOL....this is with the track bike pulled out....its hard fitting three bikes in one shed. LOL

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's funny you bring that up. i made the biggest fuck up........

my bars are wider than the shed door.:Stupid: it was pretty funny. but nothing a bandsaw and a file can't fix

i finally got it out of the shed to get a side pic for you guys

it still needs some work to finish a few things mainly electrical..(note all the hanging wires)

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
what's with the external shift linkage? running a gp pattern?

bike looks good, comin along quite well.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
That is funny. Shoulda made a movie of you trying to get it out for the first time....woulda been hysterical.

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had the camara out, if it was on at the time i would have posted it already. i wish i could have seen my own face because i'm sure it was funny as hell. anyway it's all fixed and will be on the road for this weekend (maybe minus paint) i'll have some new pics up soon

ya i am running a gp pattern. i rode one a while back and loved it so i figured i would set it up on this one. plus it gives me a good reason not to let meatheads take it for a ride without sounding like an asshole.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Its all good....when I was in my last house, with my X wife....I ended up building a kick ass walk in closet set up.......long story short...we were at Home Depot....had loaded up the dolly with everything we would need to do what we wanted to do..and it was gonna be over $700 worth of crap..and MDF board products at that..being me..I said" I can do this for $200 with real wood."

I built two corner units from maple laminated ply wood...cheap stuff inside, maple laminates on outside....looked nice.....I built two corner units of shelves...that would go into the corners on the walk in closet..think superman symbol(diamond)...two 90 ° sides against two walls in walk in closet, and what would be the top of the symbol, the access to the shelves, at 45 ° angle to the corners....with all kinds of bars across to hang stuff, and shoe racks, tie racks...I built it all in...and exactly 8ft tall.

No problem bringing it in from the garage.....lower floor of house had all cathedral ceilings...until we get to the second floor. My buddy and I got it into the master bedroom...but when we went to angle it in to go under the door to the closet..no room....it was 8ft tall when standing upright, but once leaned, it got a bit taller.......tall enough that I had to take the damn thing apart and put it back together in the actual closet.

Needless to say....I am guessing we had the same exact thoughts when I tried to lean the corner units and they hit the ceiling and when you tried to get your bike out the too narrow door opening.

LOL ;)

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well here it is.

it's not all i wanted it to be this season but i can't spend all summer building it. she needs serious tuning, the cables need to be shortend, a bunch of little things mirrors, bar ends, speedo, and it's going to get paint but atleast i'm riding

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i just got new toys in. a rashed up tail from an '03 r6, lower plastics to hack up just to protect the headers alittle, an 04 r6 swing arm which should bolt right up without mods (sweet on the labor on that one) and a twisted subframe to cut as i see fit. i'm trying to swindle and r1 front end from my buddy. startng to feel like a mad doctor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts