Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted some pics of my bike in other threads but never started a build thread of my own, so here goes......

When I bought it in 02, 1997 GSXR 600 with about 15,000 miles

Rode it full fairing for a few years and eventually got the street fighter bug

R1 front fender

Next came a new headlight and tail swap for an 02 gsxr tail

new coolant reservoir

That brings me to the last week or so, 02 GSXR 1000 swingarm, 04 GSXR 1000 (6") rear wheel, steel braided line for rear brake, black EK chain and black driven rear sprocket, and new pilot power 190/55 (should be arriving today).

with old rim

new rim

should be getting the tire on in the next week or so. I basically have the tank and frame left from the original bike. Future plans are for good glass black paint job on the plastics/tank, flat black powder coat on all frame parts, black header wrap, newer GSXR front end and of course a GSXR 1000 motor swap (just rebuilt this motor so the 1000 swap will probably be a few years away). I'm pretty happy with the tail now (like having the option of a rear seat) but want to do something a little shorter eventually, I am liking the 749/999 Biposto tail and may try that eventually.

97 GSXR 600
99 GSXR 600 motor
99 GSXR 750 front end
01-02 GSXR 1000 swingarm, tail and subframe, front and rear wheel
woodcraft clip-ons
R1 front fender
eBay fuel cap
Galfer steel braided brake lines front and rear
Full Yosh RS-3 Exhaust, shortened can

thanks for checking out my bike, I will be posting updated pics as stuff changes.

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Really progressed over the years man, looking good.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
nice bike planning on any other colors to add accent?

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
tha tail and wheel swap was a real improvment .It is lookin real sharp mate ...:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
Bike looks good. The more SRAD 'fighters I see, the more I think I want one instead of a Bandit or older Gsxr. I like the subtle mods like the 1000 arm and wheel.

Later, Doug

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Looks great! Keep up the good work.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
soooo nice, a fat as fook rear tire !Beaoootyfull mate,:D

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been wanting to get a light with better light output then the driving light I have been using so I decided a little while ago on a V-Rod headlight and finally found a decent deal on one.

So I started out figuring out the placement, I used some 1/8" mdf I had laying around.

I wanted it tucked really close to the forks so I had to grind off the front fairing mounts. Once I had the placement down I started playing with different shapes to cut the bracket to. Here is what I decided on.

I then cut it out of some steel I had laying around

I'm pretty happy with the brackets. I will be taking them off and painting them black in the next couple days. The light is mounted very solid and doesn't move/shake at all.

I have the brackets drawn up in solidworks and have a piece of .25" aluminum on the way in the mail. I plan on having them cnced soon, just need to meet up with my friend that has access to a cnc.

I rode it last night and am loving the extra light output and the new look!! After I get the brackets cnced I will be looking to pick up a HID setup for the lowbeam.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts