Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, kinda... though it hasn't seen a street in 18 months, apart from in the back of the van.

Tis my very fast, and very leaky, GSX-R 837 race bike.

In action.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Nice ! :rock:

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Excellent. If I were to hit the track I think it would have to be on something like that. Trying to ride full fairing bikes now just doesn't work for me. The fact that all the front fairing junk doesn't turn just messes with my head. I ride my buddies ZX6R (identical to my model) and I feel like its a boat.

Question. Swingarm? Spodon?

·
746 Posts
track fighters are sick. The look really apeals to me, cant get any more minimalist.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
sweet trackfighter!

some specs??

race results??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers all :)

Yes tis a Roof RO20 one piece helmet, they're very good, I've had 5! Keep landing on my head and am still sane. Ish.

Full spec:

Engine:
1988 GSX-R 750J Slingshot, bored out to 837cc with a JE piston kit and fitted with modified Cobra downpipes and 32mm Bandit 600 carbs to lower power* and retain torque. Also uses Ramair filters, a crankcase breather, Pingel fuel tap, Earls oil cooler and lines, dummy NOS bottle catch tank and a Venhill quick action throttle. Power 117bhp with 36mm carbs, 104bhp with 32mm carbs.

* - in my series we have a power/weight ratio limit. The Gixer was way too powerful with the big bore and original 36mm carbs, so we fitted 32mm Bandit carbs to reduce power and keep the torque. Tis now 104bhp and weighs 180kg ready to race.

Frame:
1988 GSX-R 750J main frame, Manic Motorcycles race subframe with battery box, modified GSX-R 1000K2 rearsets.

Front End:
GSX-R 1000K2 yokes (with 750J stem) and forks (with Öhlins springs), 1000K2 calipers with Performance Friction brake pads, Earls braided lines, Moto Master brake discs, Sprint steering damper.

Back End:
Steelheart Engineering swingarm, Öhlins race shock, jacked-up race shock mount, GSX-R600 K2 wheel, 750J brake caliper.

Other:
Cut-down wiring loom, Skidmarx GSX-R600 tailpiece, NRP front numberboard, unknown bellypan, GSX-R 1000K2 mudguard.

Race results: Had problems with oil leaks, but when running properly tis very fast indeed. Never won owt, I'm not the best racer in the world at all! Regular points finishes, best of 6th, twice. Up against some much newer bikes, Duc 748s, SV700s, Laverda Formulas, Buells etc...

Leading a Ducati 748 here, for example...

I've run out of cash for this season, unfortunately, but will be back out soon enough.

Also used to race a naked SV650 too in a series we have called Minitwins.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
What exactly are you turning?
You turn the bars/forks but all the fairing/windshield ect stays pointed forward (doesn't turn with the bars). Its hard to describe, it just feels really weird.:nuts:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Lovin' the gixxer, is that the same one from the build chronicles in the mag? I've been trying to find all the issues that had that, but so far I only have a couple. And I love the SV. Racing aside, it looks awesome.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
ahh yes i believe i've read all about your oil leaking problems already. ugh.

sweet bike tho.... thats what made me want to make the 600rr a track fighter before i traded it away for something a little bigger.

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
very nice ride!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts