Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

My subframe idea

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dogbreath 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I think the crossbar should be where the bottom rail meets the top but I'm afraid the stress from welding twice in the same spot on each top rail might weaken it way too much??? MIG is usually okay for that but this is my ass we're talkin about.

I'm consider taking the subframe to a fabricator who is good with a welder and having them cut it up and weld it back together in triangle form.

#4 ·
that looks almost exactly like the subframe i built for my 7/12. it worked just fine.

#5 ·
Don't worry about the welds. MIG is really localized and quick, so it has less heat applied around the weld generally. You won't hurt anything by welding this up. It'll be this too, so no probs. :)

Are you gonna use round, or square tube?

#8 ·
trav72 said:
I thought you were "done" and wanted to get rid of your bike? Or did you sit down, take a deep breath, smoke a newport, down a 40 and come back to your senses?

we hope so :D

#10 ·
haelo, if you need battery box suggestions im here for advice, If you have a welder, then you should have no issues making a box. measure out where your battery would be and have the welder make a box where you want it outta some thicker sheet metal or aluminum, whatever you have access to, and the welder can weld. I suggest going this route as he is already welding so it wont be that much more, and i know you dont like glassing stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.