Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my garage today and moving some shit around when I noticed my tag was gone. The bolts are still in the plate holder but no fucking tag. I talked the guy across the street who sits in his garage staring at the street all day. He said he hasn't seen anyone strange come into my garage. I put about 300 miles on the bike in the past 2 days and stopped a couple of places on the way but the bike was always where I could see well maybe 90% of the time. I talked with the guys I rode with and it 100% didn't fly off and like I said the bolts are still in the plate bracket.

So what's the protocol here? Do I call the police or just go to DMV and report it? I'm pretty fucking pissed but what do I do?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
happened twice to me. dmv report as lost damaged stolen. get new one

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the guy I sold m Yzf to had his stolen like 2 days after he bought it. Fuck now I have to get back o the DMV and probably drop more $$$ for a new 1

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure as shit hope so this ridiculous I looked at some pics from yesterday's ride and it doesn't look like its there. I just can't believe that nobody would say anything to me all day that its missing

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
my tag got stolen once.

motorcycle was attached to it.

Reactions: Problomatic

·
Registered
740 Posts
It happens.

In NY you have to report it to the police first as stolen, then take the police report to DMV, fill out a bunch of paperwork, and pay $20 for a new one.

MAKE SURE you report it stolen and not just "lost". People that swipe tags usually do so to put them on stolen motorcycles, so if a cop car or camera catches "your" tag, it can come back to you. Buddy had the plate stolen off his trailer and 2 days later apparently it was photographed blowing through a toll both on the back of a car that turned out to be stolen. Was a huge hassle to straighten it all out.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O yea it's getting reported stolen

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just contact the DMV, pay $5, get a new tag. Not a huge deal. Has happened to me maybe 4 times in 5 years. Unfortunately once it was attached to the motorcycle

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to DMV and it $6 for a new tag and registration. I guess it happens more then I thought. This is just the first time it's happened to me in 7 years of riding. At least the douche bag who stole it was nice enough to put the nuts and bolts back on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts