Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my thread for my bobber/fighter project. I might use part of the tail for the mean time, until I can make or find something to completely get rid of the subframe. I want it as open as it can be. I have parts on the way, and will be adding more pics as I pull parts off/ put new parts on.

What the bike used to look like

After the crash

Pulled the tail off

Bodywork came off next

Only the headlight left

Starting to look like I want. And the cutting begins tomorrow...

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to polish the swingarm too. I lowered the bike a while ago, and for this build I will be lifting it back up. Once the rear wheel, sprocket, and chain are off, I might as well pull the swingarm off and polish it, how much more work could it be?

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here comes a few more pics. First I pulled the mufflers and some more plastic under the subframe...

Made the cut now. I want less there, but I need some welding. Anyone live near fort myers want to help with some welding?

And a little mockup with the seat on there.

With all the plastics off, we noticed some damage to the radiator. You can see the bracket broken at the very top of the pic. Anyone have a TLR radiator for sale? :ebay:

I've never made a fighter before, so I'm kinda wondering what the hell I'm going to do with all this extra wiring...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,562 Posts
HIDE IT! RELOCATE IT! SHORTEN IT! whatever it takes basically. its a big PITA, but totally worth it.

Reactions: spoonfedd

·
Backwoods Prophet
1,944 Posts
keep up the good work.. looking nice..

wiring is such awonderful thing.. i decided to just pull the wiring harness off mine till i was done building and not worry about it till the time comes..

i've been throwing around the idea of running the same color wires and making a new harness..

but i think you'll have better luck shortening yours..

good luck..:party-smiley:

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking exactly the same thing. At first I was gonna run all new wires with the same colors, but it looks like a lot of cutting, stripping, and crimping is what I'll be doing.

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, thanks for the support so far guys. Here comes another round of pics.

First just looking at some wiring mess I need to hide

Then noticing I want to relocate my brake reservoir to expose that pretty red coil...

Marking to make a bracket to hold my ECU under my seat

Made the bracket, but I need to make another cut to clear the subframe

Bracket completed

But I think I want to use it to hold my voltage regulator also

But look at the connections for the regulator!

And on the other side of the same connection

I can make a trip to radio shack and make a new connection, but should I be worried about this happening again? Do I need a new regulator?

·
ǝʞɐɟ ǝɥʇ ʞ
206 Posts
Looks good so far! Whats that Carbon fiber hood?? what kind of Car??

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drive a 2001 Mazda Miata. I love it, corners almost as well as the bike. Not much more room than the TLR has though. A serious grocery run requires a friend or multiple trips. Maybe I could tie a shopping cart to the back of the bike...

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice. I'll find somewhere new to mount it after work today.

·
50 Posts
+1 Radio!

- spikestrip, good progress so far. Are you keeping the stock battery in the stock location? If so the seat may not fit right with the cdi mounted to it

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My battery actually hangs out in front of the motor, behind the radiator, on the left side. I've got a bunch of space under the seat.

·
Skullfucking conformity
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice bike by the way, cutup. I'm going for a similar look. :rock:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts