Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
to me the front looks a bit "heavy" with the dual stacked lights. a bike with such classic lines needs a single bucket up front :)

Thanks, But it does not have stacked lights, it is a 7" single round. Maybe it looks that way because of the guages are on it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
that fuckin tank is sexy!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok Everyone, I am about to start mock up on the triumph concept does anyone have a set of top mount Duc monster triples they want to get rid of?

Just to refresh your memory and the pics, here is the concept:

and this is the rear wheel:

·
student
1,347 Posts
are you going to be using a tail off of a Sport 1000? if so i literally just had this idea yesterday and ive been looking online for pricing.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
are you going to be using a tail off of a Sport 1000? if so i literally just had this idea yesterday and ive been looking online for pricing.

Yeah, I really want a sport 1000 seat and tail, but it may be too wide and not match the width of the tank very well, I don't know yet, may use a monster seat and cowl.

·
student
1,347 Posts
Yeah, I really want a sport 1000 seat and tail, but it may be too wide and not match the width of the tank very well, I don't know yet, may use a monster seat and cowl.
do you happen to know the dimensions of the sport 1000 seat, i havent been able to find it anywhere

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
do you happen to know the dimensions of the sport 1000 seat, i havent been able to find it anywhere

no, all I know is that it is WIDE!!!

·
student
1,347 Posts

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ok guys and gals, time to get this project back on track. I have the frame, motor, gas tank, forks, triple clamps, front axle, front fender bracket, Paint, and the rear wheel. I have purchased, but not received my hawk gt single swinger yet, pics as soon as I get it. All I need to do now is get a Duc sport classic front wheel, fender, a duc monster headlight, and figure out what seat unit I am going to use. As soon as I get a wheel, I can put myself together a roller and really start the build up. Stay tuned!!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Here is a Tally of the build so far:

Frame and Motor $0
Forks $104
Upper & Lower Triples $56
Front Axle $20
Fender Bracket $20
Complete Swingarm, incl Shock $199
Billet Mods and fitment of Swinger $1200
Rear Wheel and Tire $325
Tail Light $35
Fuel Tank $100
Paint $56
RFID Ignition System $30
Sport Classic Calipers $75
Rotors $80
Front wheel $230
Sport Classic Monoposto Seat and Cowl $215

Total so far $2745.00

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
AND SO IT BEGINS!!!

Started doing some mock ups. will start doing some chopping soon!!

Here are some pics of the duc sport classic front end with the motor and fuel tank on.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Ok guys and gals, I have come to the realization that the hawk 650 swinger is not going to work for me. So, I have enlisted the help of a well known fabricator, here in FL, to help me custom fabricate my own SSSA out of tube steel so it will match the rest of the bike and make it look a lot better. Stay tuned!!

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just a small update, still in the swingarm design stage. We are trying to make it look like it is supposed to be on the bike. I am trying to figure out if I want to run a monoshock in the front of the swing arm, or use a side mounted mono shock like the first ducati sport classics. I am torn, I like the clean lines of the mono shock, but it would be much easier to mount it on the side of the swingarm. It would leave the other side open, which is the look I want, just cant make a decision. What do you guys/gals think?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I love the swingarm mounted single shock myself...loved that about the 06 Sport Classics.

41 - 60 of 178 Posts