Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Create Destroy Repeat
1,409 Posts
I'd have to agree with uh what's his name there, the German guy, side covers are well covers and your mono should be shown off. Would you prefer (insert sexual partner of course here) with or without a bra?

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Yeah, I am not going to run the side covers. I am going to cut that diagonal bar out and do something different to clean up the back end of the bike.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Well, the frame is gonna change a bit. I am cutting the diagonal bar out and looping a pipe from the base, near the motor mounts, from one side to the other with it touching the backbone and welding it to it to make the frame more rigid and then a pipe from the backbone to the original top mount to strengthen the seat. Something like this:

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
any updates mate i read the thread to find it stopped last year. really hope your still doing this hybrid

Yeah, I am still building it, but I have been unemployed for about a year and I just found another job this month, so hopefully the idiocy will begin again soon.

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Hey Guys, sorry I have been away for so long!!!! Well, while I was on an occupational sabbatical, I have been trying to do some research on parts and do some design work. Please see the pic below. It is with a aluminum tank and seat unit. The tank is a little out of proportion, but I think you will get the idea. Here very shortly, I will be able to start actually putting money into this build again. Let me know what you think about this design or should I go with one of the others.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
All are awesome, just need to build on of them haha. I'm not super big on the polished look myself, but I can't deny it'll look damn sexy.

Glad to hear you're back to work so you can dump silly amounts of money into this build now:D

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Congratulations on the job, and what you have done to the bike so far!
I'm loving the idea of the aluminum!
Subscribed for the long haul lol...

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Well, I have installed the Ducati Sport Classic front end, I have the Honda Hawk GT rearend installed. This weekend I will be mocking up footpeg adaptors to mount the set of Hayabusa rearsets. The pic below is how it sits now.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts