Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE DAY I BROUGHT IT HOME.....
THIS BIKE IS NOT THE COOLEST BIKE OUT THERE BUT IT WILL BE DIFFERENT. Someone couldnt pay me for work I did for them so I got their bike. haha

I know nothing about this bike but it is alot cheaper to work on than my duc 999. Need some new ideas so any help would be good.

Ideas so far.
675 front end (upside down forks with radial mount brakes)
ixil's new shorty slip ons
r6 tail section
ktm super duke head light
pro taper pastrana bars (freestly bars have a little more rise on them)

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Nice mate ,at least yer got summink froma no payum !

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
sounds like you got the right idea! get after it!

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CBR IN THE BACK GROUND FOUND A NEW OWNER TODAY!!!!! Cant wait to get it out of my 1 car garage. Dude sent my buddy(owner of the cbr) money so now he can get his shit out of my garage so I can atleast put my 999 back in.
Ive got about $900 in the bike so far an thats about $700 in getting the donor bike plus fuel. I have a ton of triumph 600 parts if anyone needs them??
Motor,forks,wheels, both sets of brakes and a shit load of extra parts

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah I just talk to a buddy of mine a BBR motorsports (the mini bike guys) trying to get 2 of their exhaust can to modify and make work. They make great pipes for pitbike race bikes.

·
Custom Umph
408 Posts
Nice bike. keep postin with the progress

·
826 Posts
THIS BIKE IS NOT THE COOLEST BIKE OUT THERE BUT IT WILL BE DIFFERENT.
I don't know man, I've always been pretty into them. If you're putting on some mx bars just see if you can find a street triple r front end instead of the 675 front end. Probably hard to come by though.

I think that tank would go great with something like an RC8 tail. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know man, I've always been pretty into them. If you're putting on some mx bars just see if you can find a street triple r front end instead of the 675 front end. Probably hard to come by though.

I think that tank would go great with something like an RC8 tail. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Speaking of tails. i hadnt thought about a rc8?? hmmmm... i was looking at a honda rs 250 tail and the one that catalyst sells for ths single 450. I can get a hotbodies tail for a 250 for around $100 new. Not sure which way im going with yet.
Finnaly got it to start today the damn tilt switch was stuck so it wouldnt let it start. I was going crazy and a buddy of mine took it off and shook it and then it fired right up. MADE ME VERY HAPPY!!!!!

Its getting closer.........

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i saw a aprilia rsv4 tail (race tail) today that might b what im going to buy. It has sharp angles tht will go well with the triumph tank and its short.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
Oh yeah I just talk to a buddy of mine a BBR motorsports (the mini bike guys) trying to get 2 of their exhaust can to modify and make work. They make great pipes for pitbike race bikes.

Them blokes do nice stuff!My risers are from them top notch !

·
826 Posts
Finnaly got it to start today the damn tilt switch was stuck so it wouldnt let it start. I was going crazy and a buddy of mine took it off and shook it and then it fired right up. MADE ME VERY HAPPY!!!!!
Are those things real? I had heard a few people talk about them before, but always wondered if they were making it up:)nuts:). How far do you have to tilt a bike for it to do something? My Speed Four used to be in various different angles, and it never tried to shut off. I feel like you have to actually flip the bike for it to want to shut off.

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to sure how the tilt switch works but it was a wrecked bike when I got it so it couldve been laying on its side for months for all I know.

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Repaired the tail section today going to paint it and the rear hugger later this week an post new pics. Might wrap the tail with vinyl instead of pain that way i can change it??
I cant figure out my brake light for some reason my tailight works fine but my brake light wont come on. Any idea front or rear brake..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.