Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A little bit more progress today! The brake hoses I ordered were wrong so I sent them back and ordered some more and got the right ones this time. Got them fitted need to route them a bit better but I’m happy they are going to work!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My brackets showed up for my belly pan so I got that bolted on and found a few clearance issues. The bracket on the right side is pushing on the radiator hose and the belly pan is hitting the exhaust so just needs a little trimming to get every this to fit well! Apart from that it fits really well!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Wezmoto? They're fukken awesome I once ordered a set from them then immediately realized FUCK I was supposed to order ones for a 955 speed triple NOT my Daytona, sent them a message about it right after and they replied the next day no probs mate just measure what you need and send us the results and we'll send you a tailored set no extra charge! Pity I changed my steering setup several times after that and the custom lines ended up too long but that's a user error lol.

Them samco sport silicone hoses look all too familiar as well. Great minds think alike eh?

Reactions: Davey t

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wezmoto? They're fukken awesome I once ordered a set from them then immediately realized FUCK I was supposed to order ones for a 955 speed triple NOT my Daytona, sent them a message about it right after and they replied the next day no probs mate just measure what you need and send us the results and we'll send you a tailored set no extra charge! Pity I changed my steering setup several times after that and the custom lines ended up too long but that's a user error lol.

Them samco sport silicone hoses look all too familiar as well. Great minds think alike eh?
Yeah they have been really helpful even though I fucked up and brought the wrong hoses I sent them back got a full refund and they did custom length hoses for me at the same price and they a lot cheaper than other options!
The samco hoses are one off the first mods I did when I brought the bike about four years ago!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I trimmed the bracket today got the rad hose to sit where it should then tried trimming the belly pan round the hose and exhaust. I’m not sure about the shape so do I perceiver to get a better shape or do I just trim the whole thing off straight along the line!?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Is that factory radiator hose routing? It looks like it's going to pick up a lot of heat paralleling the exhaust like that.
That’s the standard location for the hoses I’ve never had a problem with it when it had the fairings on!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Had some more bits turn up in the post! Some aluminium for custom spacers and some bungs to weld on the the radiator for the cowls to bolt to! Then I’ve got two styles off bar ends because I couldn’t make my mind up lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Had another got at my belly pan this evening I’m a lot happier with how it looks now! Got the frame in fill panels in the post today so test fitted them! I’m going to paint all the fairings bits in the same pearl white the bike was originally to tie it all together!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So I was in my garage today having a tidy up because it’s getting heretic in there and I found a shock from a R1 that I was going to use on my CBR I’m pretty sure I brought it from cookie years ago. Apparently it will fit my Dayton with no mods so it might end up going in!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I honestly had to google what the fuck you were on about lol! I could go back and edit my post then everyone will wonder what you are on about but I think it will be funnier if I leave it as it is!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I did a little bit off work yesterday I’m not getting much time at the moment so just doing little bits after work so I’m still moving forward! I got the new brackets for my rad cowls in. Had to modify them slightly because the bolt holes for the cowls to bolt on we’re the wrong size so had to cut the nut welded to the back off and drill the hole out a bit! The cowls now sit a lot closer to the frame and a little further back now I can work out what size bungs I need to make and where to put them then get them welded to the radiator!
On the left side cowl I had to cut it to clear the radiator filler neck. I need to figure something out for the over flow pipe running across to top off the cowl I might replace it with a blue piece off hose and leave it going across the top or try and reroute it somewhere else!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Made a bracket today for my brake reservoir the larger hole is for a rubber grommet so it’s rubber mounted!
Found a black one for the rear so ordered a new black one for the front wasn’t really sure on the blue anyway! Made some card templates for the upper head light mounts so going to make the in ally now! Did a little more trimming on the frame for headlight clearance. Still trying to move forward!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Had that exact same pot (the blue one) on my Daytona

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Had that exact same pot (the blue one) on my Daytona
Did it work ok for you? I’ve ordered the same one but in black!
I tried reading your triumph build but the pictures aren’t working for me!?

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Well had no problems with it so guess it did. Pics gone man the service provider I used at the time went tits up overnight without warning and I have no backups, sorry...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well had no problems with it so guess it did. Pics gone man the service provider I used at the time went tits up overnight without warning and I have no backups, sorry...
Cool I’ll crack on with it then! Have you got any pics off it finished? I noticed you had a cbr 600 too! That was one off the other bikes I built!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got a couple off hours in today. Got the upper brackets for the head light made and fitted so that’s mounted completely now and I have enough clearance for the back off the light to the frame. Going to be a challenge to get all the cables and wiring routed behind it but that’s for another day lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Managed to get the clocks mounted and just about got enough clearance for the key and they don’t sit too high up from the front view! I want to try and angle them back slightly but that’s just a case off moving a rubber grommet on the rear mounting post!

Attachments

41 - 60 of 87 Posts