Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Cool I’ll crack on with it then! Have you got any pics off it finished? I noticed you had a cbr 600 too! That was one off the other bikes I built!
Gonna do some business shit on the tabletop tomorrow, trying to remember to dig around them old picture folders after I`m done getting more poor. The CBR was black and red, fully clad mind you but I did have a fiberglass Airtech one piece tail fairing on it. Might have kept it but needed money to paint the trumpet and it had +100k on the clock so had to let go.

Reactions: Davey t

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Little more progress! Made some bungs to get welded to my radiator to hold the side cowls! I only have hand tools so I’m pretty proud off these! I used a piece off wood to clamp the ally rod then cut with a hacksaw to the right length then drilled and taped it. I used heli coils for the threads then cleaned them up! The threaded rod in the centre is ground to a point as a centre punch I’ll line them up with the cowls and give a little tap then they can get sent off to the welders!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts

Managed to find some pics of the Daytona where you can kinda sorta see the brake reservoir, I had this bike in so many different configurations with different bars and shit I don`t even remember them all myself anymore. Also managed to find some pics of the CBR but they`re taken with a proper digicam and are therefore ridiculously big so I gotta resize a few and TBH can`t be arsed to fuck with pain(t) right now (22:30) back on that later.

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Oh btw if you`re thinking about exhaust mods, that low and wide vs. high and tight muffler placement made a WORLD of difference in handling, was pretty surprised myself of how big it was (in favor of tucked in)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Radiator off and prepped for the welder should be done within the next few days!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Oh btw if you`re thinking about exhaust mods, that low and wide vs. high and tight muffler placement made a WORLD of difference in handling, was pretty surprised myself of how big it was (in favor of tucked in)
Your triumph looks cool I like the paint on it!
The exhaust on my Daytona is already a full stainless system with much larger diameter pipe all the way through It’s made by scorpion. I had to get some custom header brackets made as the ones with it were shit. I’m not happy with the end can though it doesn’t fit in the tail very well so the only mod I’m going to do is graft the arrow end can on the the Scorpion link pipe. It will defiantly be staying under the seat though as that’s one off my favourite parts off the Daytona!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So on the subject off exhaust I went and chopped them up today! So the scorpion can doesn’t fill the gap very well and I’ve always wanted the arrow can back on! So a bit off surgery was needed and all prepped for the welder! So hopefully see that back in a few days!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Ah yes completely forgot these newfangled contraptions have an underbum fart can, no intercontinental ballistic cannons hanging off the side as in the good old days. Still have one of them OEM stainless mufflers the size of a fuel tank trailer hanging about in the shed as my retirement plan, just sell it off to a scrapper and I`m good till the bell tolls

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Got my exhaust back from the welder today finally get to have the arrow can back on my bike after years!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Couldn’t wait to see the exhaust back on so I went to the garage this evening and got it fitted I’m well chuffed with how it turned out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Got my radiator back today so another thing ticked off the list got the side cowls mounted in there final place! Got some blue silicone hose to try and reroute the over flow pipe!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Not the most exciting up date but got a bargain on a right hand side rear set. I broke my brake pedal ages ago and they are stupid expensive But got the whole lot cheap so I’ve got a spares too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I’ve had a bit off time away from working on this had a few other bits I’ve been doing! Made a start again today!
got the throttle body’s cleaned and back on with the cables routed.
50C95648-8362-461A-A2D0-AF41606433AC.jpeg

Got the air box in place with the bracket for the fuse box and relays on.

then made a start on the loom getting thing plugged in so I can work out what need chopping and shortening and what need lengthening!

Wish me luck lol!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Made a bit more progress on the loom today just trying to organise it a bit before chopping chunks off it out! Doesn’t look like I did much but it’s very time consuming lol!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Oh yes I know that. But electrics are fun.
I don’t actually mind doing electrics I know it scares a lot off people but you just have to be patient and take your time and in the end it all comes together!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Check out my score today got given all these all the way from 1996 too 2006

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
pretty sure I have every issue
Fair play! I loved reading them was gutted when they stopped so well chuffed I got this lot keep me busy for a while!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts