Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I know it looks like I’ve done nothing but honestly I have! Sorted more wire by depining the plugs and untangling wires and putting them in to groups and in the gauge direction they need to be! I started cutting and soldering but it got too cold so I gave up and went home where it’s warm lol

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Is that a pair of F4U Corsair wings I see in the background?

Also, wiring looms suck ass... I mean I got a formal education for it and still hate it.

Reactions: Davey t

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Is that a pair of F4U Corsair wings I see in the background?

Also, wiring looms suck ass... I mean I got a formal education for it and still hate it.
Yeah good eye on the wings! That’s my other expensive hobby Rc stuff planes helicopters and cars!
I do enjoy the wiring it’s just time consuming working through it all one wire at a time and it will be worth it in the end!

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Heh as a little kid I used to be a member of an RC club where I built a Precedent Flyboy Nitro ICE plane but the engine they ordered for me was a total POS which never ran good (Could only get it to run properly either hot or cold but not both, had a red head but cannot remember the make) so the plane never got airbourne. This was at the age of crystal radios, IIRC my controller was a HiTec Laser 4. Should still have the starter panel, plug glower and the spinner motor somewhere. Still got interest on them but my wallet says nope so currently my only RC is a Syma SX5SW quad my father-in-law gifted me when they moved into a smaller apartment.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
got it this summer otherwise you would have seen aerial footage from smash as well.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Got some more done even though it doesn’t feel like it! I must be getting somewhere the rats nest off wires is getting smaller and the pile off wire on the side keeps getting bigger!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
The sun was shining so I went and did some work finally!
Got the new foot peg hanger, aluminium reservoir and braided line fitted on the back and all bled up!

Did the same on the front got a new aluminium reservoir and braided lines on and bled up!

I 3D printed a blank off plate for the rear foot peg hangers and then realised how badly the frame needs powder coating lol!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
what happened to the frame, looks like painted rust
It’s aluminium and it’s corroded under the paint seams fairly common on the triumphs!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
that's not good , hope it's not corroded from the inside out or it'll need proper fixing
I hope not but luckily it’s only the subframe if it’s too bad I can just get a replacement but I would rather not!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Got a little bit done today fitted a manual cam chain tensioner!

then got the fuel tank on and fired her up for the first time in ages and happy to say all my wiring worked perfect need to do a bit still before I can wrap the loom back up and call it done but it’s a step in the right direction!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,806 Posts
Hell yes! Good feeling when the electrical system works after messing with it so much!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
So I’ve been getting on with bits every Erving this week after work and I’m making good progress just not many pictures sorry!
I got my number plate bracket fitted and all the back end buttoned up.

Fitted new pads in the front got thebars and controls all mounted just lots off little bits that seen to take forever!
I've got to take the tank back off wrap the loom now I know it works and fits where I want it put some panels back on fit a horn fresh fluids and it will be done for now! I’m trying to get it finished in time for a track day on the 4th off June then I’m going to ride it as is for the summer then strip it down for paint and powder cote in the winter and sort any little issues out!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Got my loom all wrapped up and all in place the air box and tank are back on for the last time for now! Just a few little bits left to do now!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Finally got it finished enough for the mot so took it for a clean so it’s all minty fresh! There’s still a few little bits I want to do but that’s always the way! Still needs paint and powder but that will come later!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Mot day all passed with flying colours! Was a wet grey day but enjoyed riding it today!

81 - 100 of 118 Posts