Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long time no see!
I've been lacking in motivation to do work lately and I think it's because I've been away from here for a while. You guys keep me motivated! So I thought I'd start a build thread for one of my current projects.

The backgound info goes....I had this old stuffed WR200 lying around. Wanted to put the motor into something small and nimble for the track with out too much work. Found out some TZR125's used the same bottom end as the WR. Found one with no motor on German Ebay......which was lucky cos the wife is German and we had planned a visit to the in-laws anyway.....how convenient! So we came back to Australia with 3 suitcases full of bike parts (luckily my 2 year old son was allowed the same luggage capacity as us.) And the rest came home in boxes by post.

So here it is at the inlaws place in Germany...

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Deanoseadog/media/TZR125_zpsoce0roli.jpg.html

That was over a year ago:truestory:
I got some work to do.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay. So it's not like I've been doing nothing for the last year.
I made a new ally engine cradle cos I never got the original.

I've also bought a XJ6 diversion front wheel for it.

I thought this was a good idea since it was the perfect size (17x2.5" to take 125gp slick) and had the correct size axle. But it turned out to be a hassle since it has a real unique mount for the disc (non floating) and a proper 4 piston caliper doesn't clear the "spokes" so I am stuck with using the crappy stock XJ6 caliper.....oh well, I'll just have to make an adapter for that caliper to fit.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Long time no see!
I've been lacking in motivation to do work lately and I think it's because I've been away from here for a while. You guys keep me motivated! So I thought I'd start a build thread for one of my current projects.

So we came back to Australia with 3 suitcases full of bike parts (luckily my 2 year old son was allowed the same luggage capacity as us.) And the rest came home in boxes by post.

So here it is at the inlaws place in Germany...
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Deanoseadog/media/TZR125_zpsoce0roli.jpg.html

That was over a year ago:truestory:
I got some work to do.
LMFAO! brilliant plan :D

nice bike mate :) looking forward to seeing this one all done up .GL

·
Super Moderator
5,660 Posts
Oh man that thing brings me back :D When I was 16 those TZR125:s were ALL over the place! I used to call them breams cause they're so thin and tall! IIRC blue was the most common color.

I of course, being a bit of an oddball rode a Honda NS125R :D

Anyhow will be looking forward seeing what you'll be doing with that thing!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm loving small bikes like that more and more lately. Its making me wish i never got rid of my ninja 250 i got when i turned 15 (legal motorcycle driving age in texas)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts