Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna copy and move my winter buildoff bike over to here as couldnt get it finished in time :(

LET ME BRING YOU UP TO SPEED

wasnt actually planning on fightering this lil bitch but an unwated mating experience with a 4x4 has meant this bike is getting a winter makeover :D

bought it as a work hack off of ebay for next to nothing as it need downpipes and putting back together. The idiot who listed it called it a 1996 honda blue?? lol luckily i saw it went and had a look the day he put it on the as he said it all worked and was all there, an he only wanted £250 to end early. went and checked it over all looked fine couldnt hear it running so i took a punt and said £180 and miraculously he said YES!! :party-smiley:
here it is as i got it

after i put all the clothes back on

and after mating with the back of a 4x4

was gonna put it back to normal but then i thought fuck it im gonna do a project i can complete :fu:

compulsory date pics

took all the broken shit off of the front, and dismantled my other project for parts :D
got a 98 r1 front end with 94 gsxr750 triples and clip ons, k1 gsxr1000 subframe and seat unit with a 05 zx6r underseat exhaust. undecided on wat to do with the front yet but it is going to be a front fairing off a sportbike modified to tie it all together, but too many choices

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOOHOO time for a big update :D with of course loads more pics :fu:

started by taking all the clothes off :), such an ugly beast when its naked!

swapped over the subframes and by a lil miracle the gixxer subframe fitted and only need a 2" metal bracket for the top mounts, piss easy done and dusted looks much better, especially with that exhaust tucked up and there :rock:

speak of the devil, a rear shot!!

now all that was on decided to tackle the forks

holy bent forks batman, dint realise they were as bent as they were, been riding on them for 3 days, oh well.....

wanna see some magic, then look down. look a magical floating vfr OOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAHHHHHHHH ;)

the bike that lost its lifeline for the time being, looking very sorry for itself :( oh well it'll be worth it when im riding on the viffer (no longer viffer sofa) listening to that killer exhaust note

a better pic of the nice golden r1 front end to be hammered on tomo :rock:, got some good condition bluespot calipers as well :D

a closeup of the lower triples, how much meatier the gixxer set is! gonna look soo much better.
and hopefully the stems look like a pretty close match withd wise, so hopefully a simple swap *fingers crossed!!*

well thats all for today you bunch of beautiful people ;) haha i kid kid!
hopefully tomo will see another good update!!:party-smiley:

keep up the fight bitches!!! :knucks:​

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someones been D'ing W! lol

lots more pics but better daytime ones :D

i managed to get the steering stems pressed out. but wasnt that lucky, the stems were 0.2mm different at the bottom so i got some weld layed down around it and gonna get a mate to machine it down to a press fit in the gixxer triples.

first pic is of the stainless battery try i made, everything has a place just all need to be stuck down on it

from the outside it definately looks a hell of a lot neater than the vfr mess!!

a close up on how the exhaust is mounted, welded in a couple of ally tabs between the subframe rails

you get the idea! just needs tidying under there for sure

a nice ass if i dare say so myself :fu: just need to midify the linkpipe to tuck in a bit tighter

not sure if i like it with the belypan, if i do keep it on there its gonna need some cutting to look right. just have to see when i get the gixxer front fairing :D
got the front forks roughly fitted just sow i can move it around until i get the stem machined down.

how it looks without the bellypan need thoughts on this guys what shall i do??

and its gotta be done. a shot to show the seating position :letsride:......... i wish

gotta take the stem and triples to a mate on wednesday and hopefully by the weekend it'll be done and ready to fit the forks proper!! excited much? and fingers crossed i have a headlight a rear fairing and a seat maybe even a front fairing all arriving mid week WHOO fucking WHOOO

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got another one for you gents!!

if you havnt seen the discussion thread heres the paint i'll hopefully be using

with some of this over the top

still confused about the wheel colour needs to be bright, im thinking yellow, orange or gold maybe???

started having a play with the exhaust today :D
had a link pipe made up to fit on the gixxer so i used that and of course in true fighter fashion............... cut it up :LolLolLolLol:

it looks really neat from the side and the back as ive tucked it in close to the footpeg. its basically ready for welding apart from one more cut :party-smiley:
cant wait to get it all plumbed in an have a lil listen :D

tidied up a few of the wiring connectors and tucked them behind the frame and started taking off all the fairing brackets
and unfortuantely thats all she wrote for today people, another day closer to recieving the last of my parts tho WHOOP!!!

:knucks: :skully:

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
today i come bearing the gift of noise!! (sorry nothing else other than that :(

heres a video clip of the laser exhaust mocked up on the bike :rock: gotta say i fucking love it!
im nearly ready to start welding up the link pipe just a tiny bit more work to get it to fit properly!

let me know what yall think! :party-smiley:

:skully: :knucks:​

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoo been busy doing work so time for an update me thinks!

my front fairing arrived but sadly still waiting on the headlight :( so cant mount it till that arrives!!!

it needs to be a lil lower and maybe a bit further back so im gonna have to alter the viffer fairing bracket :D

also in the post got a lovely big late pressie from fat santa................ i mean Fat-tony71 :D

big rep needs to go out to this guy! he's a to bloke!!

my jigsaw puzzle of a link pipe i finally figured out what needs to go where WHOO!

so got it all welded together at work and is ready to be put on the bike after a bit of cleaning up

YOU LIKE??? lol

only about my 4th time welding so i dont think i did too bad

no pics of this but ive also cut my fuel pump lined down so that nows fits neatly under the seat in my battery box :D so im definately happy with that!

some of you might of already heard these but heres some sound clips for you as well! turn your speakers up for sure!!

till next time guys! which hopefully wont be another 3 days :thumbsup:

:skully::knucks:
hopefully i can get a clip of me riding it at weekend and will also be roadworthy ready to be prettied up

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got a big update for u peeps today :D

thank fuck the link pipe i made fitted a treat and i reckon it looks really neat, still gotta clean it up and make it all look satin finish :)

heres a pic to show the seating position, its very on my wrists which isnt a good thing after a previous BIIIIIIG wreck i had but im sure it will get stronger (hoping)

heres how the beastie sits as of now, managed to get the front fairing on there but its only temporary till i can fit it where i want (gotta sit further back and tilt up a tiny bit)

no the front wheel doesnt hit the fairing lol tested and ridden it already :LolLolLolLol:

a shot from the front

and a kind of side on shot :rock:

last thing for you guys and hopefully the best bit like i said i managed to get a ride on it today :D

and a nice fly past clip for ya (remember to turn those speakers up :D)

hope yall like it and hopefully i'll get some comments lol

:knucks:

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and that was the last update!​

soo much more has been done since then........ so will upload everything else for ya :D

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after all that was done finally got rid of the shit lil plastic overflow bottle for an awesome mister big swig :D
made up a bracket and got it fitted

neatens it up a treat!
got my headlight and fairing in the right position by cutting up and welding the fairing brace and also modified the seat unit to hug the tank

got the seat unit front lengthened and started the fillering

bought a tl1000r seat cut it up and recovered it (myself)

from here on in you guys are gonna hate me :D :oops::smiliebiker:

JUST COULD NOT GET IT LOOKING RIGHT WITH THE BELLYPAN AND FRONT FAIRING
SORRY GUYS :doh:​

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went for a speedfighter approach so took a dive and bought the side panels, suprisingly easy to get them fitted!

next to my other toy! :D

but with this came a different problem entirely :(
the rear wheel looked soooooooo smal and out of place............

so conquered this by doing my homework :)
a couple of ebay purchases later! and i was half way there lol

spot the difference?

so i got to d'ing work!!! was a lil fucking cramped to say the least as my bike shed is full of shit and parts im selling off to fund my next project........ YES IT WILL BE NAKED AND A 2 STROKE :D

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry guys didnt have time yesterday morning to do the last update!
got all the spindle and hub on

then onto the wheel! :D heres the clearance....... had loads of room with the 180 tire so next time i do a tire change a 190 is in order :knucks:

it may be a tiny bit off centre, i havnt checked yet but im already riding it and it feels GREAT! no handling issue, just made it better and more stable...........

^^MUCH BETTER!!^^
from the side and a nice fat rear shot!

so now guys i got the vfr750 wheel up for sale! need to fund my gt750 kettle project :D:thumbsup:

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and now for the obligatory arty photo's lol :rock:

what do you lot think, even if it has got fairings! lol
thanks the compliment as well sebspeed, looked at your threads many time!

:knucks:

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my last update to do which brings me up to date to where it currently sits.......
made my own headlight cover from about £3 worth of perspex from good old friend ebay...
removed the headlight
then shove the perspex in the oven for a good few mins till it went really soft and flexible
take it out using glove and lay it over the headlight and push it over the curves to take its shape
heres all the tools i used, a heat gun, oven, cold water spray, andgle grinder and gloves

half way there

fully trimmed down with an angle grinder and a thick grinding disc (DO IT SLOWLY!!) then sanded it 400 grit

then a quick splash of rattle can black till the bike is painted properly.........

and what it looks like on the bike :D

am i happy? too fucking right i am! lol first time ive ever tried it and hadnt even read about it being done and it come out as good as a £20 cover for only £3! cant be bad at all!

so there you go guys an gals thats where my v4 speedfighter sits right now. LETS HEAR WHAT YA GOTTA SAY??
next on the agenda is 2 bi-xenon projector lights with halo/angel eyes :D

1 - 20 of 234 Posts