·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
wow. i want this

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate the kind words! I am glad you guys like it. My girlfriend says quote "It looks mean and ugly and stupid". Well, I guess that's a good thing right?

The monoshcok was easy....just welded a hoop to the swingarm and then a mount on the frame. And yes, I try to make everything I do unique...I hate having something that is exactly the same as everyone elses.

I really want to add some new upside down forks from an R6/GSXR whatever. That may have to wait until next winter.

I got my right reaarset and brake master cyl in the mail yesterday. I need to pick up some more welding wire and then I'll get that mounted. Once that is done, I can pull everything off and paint the frame, motor, swingarm, etc.

For some reference, here is my last XS, an XS1100. I went full blown Cafe on that one, its the bike I'm wheeling on in my avatar. This 850 will have more of the fighter look to it. I think I am going to go white and red......but black is just so damn awesome. idk.

·
the bearded hessian
237 Posts
"It looks mean and ugly and stupid".
hahaha, that's hilarious :LolLolLolLol: and hey, regarding your idea for inverted forks, check out my latest thread as i just put a set of '07 gsxr forks on my '81 kz440. they look amazing. i would definitely recommend something like it for your build!

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
That is gonna turn out great.

·
104 Posts
Its hard to believe that the bike you started with will or even could turn into something fantastic. Major props on the buell front end btw. I'm a fan!

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, all your guys comments are motivating to finish this thing. Thanks!

My question is, what color do I paint it? Black? Like my previous bike and like everyone else?

Black is cool, but there are just so many black bikes.....

·
CruiserTarded
458 Posts
black on black... but done right. flat black base with gloss black overlays

Reactions: Marginly-Mad-Mike
1 - 20 of 329 Posts