Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Hi BlackBII. I've been lurking this thread for a few months, as the way your bike ended up is along the lines of what I'm thinking for my FJ600.

What I'm wondering right now is what you did with your stock upper triple tree when you mounted clip-ons. Were you able to find an upper triple that fit your forks?
Your bike looks real clean, a good platform to start with. Good luck with your project! Start a thread when you start working on her

I used the stock upper triple, my clips ons sit right below the triple, they don't interfere with eachother at all

·
108 Posts
Thanks Fate!

My carbs are having issues with the pilot and choke circuits. I really just need to get new ones. I had to drill out the old pilot screws and it enlarged the hole and my choke circuit is full of black tar. I'll get some triumph mikunis this winter and get them on. If there was more riding season around here i'd do it now, but oh well.

I like the NGK sticker as well. :D
The triumph carbs will help out a lot everywhere, starting, idling, running. I have them on my xs750 and they where 900cc carbs, I am having a tuff time getting them dialed in though.

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Are you still having a problem with high revs on the hiway? Did you change the gear ratio somehow?
No, I haven't changed the gear ratio. I want to convert to a chain drive, then I can adjust it.

The triumph carbs will help out a lot everywhere, starting, idling, running. I have them on my xs750 and they where 900cc carbs, I am having a tuff time getting them dialed in though.
Yeah, that's what I have heard from a number of people. What problems are you having with them?

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
I really like your build. The colours are great. Reminds me of a bike I raced years ago. Great job.
Thanks man! Coming from you that means a lot. I'm watching your XVR thread and really admire your work and how good of a job you are doing.

As far as my bike goes, it's sitting in a corner in the garage.

Come spring, it'll have some new parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just finished the thread - I f'n love what you've done with that bike! The combination of it's mean stance and vintage look is very asthetically pleasing. I'll be starting my '77 XS 650 Special project some time this year (I hope), and I'm liking the idea of the TZ750 seat; I had already decided on a very similar paint scheme.

Great job - can't wait to see more!

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
Thanks!

Your bike sounds like it'll be pretty cool. When you start working on it, create a build thread so we can all see. We love pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey man, who do i have to bribe to bring my bike to you so we can jam it out together and make a bad ass cafe racer? lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks!

Your bike sounds like it'll be pretty cool. When you start working on it, create a build thread so we can all see. We love pictures.
Most definitely! My only hindrance will be finances, due to club racing in the 2012 season - I don't want to have to choose between projects, I want MORE DAMN MONEY!

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Ha, don't we all want more money....

If I had enough cash, this little xs850 would have a lot more done to it for sure.

Hatred, if you can get Sophia Bush to my house, I will build your bike for you.

:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah, if i had Sophia Bush myself, there wouldnt be any need for a bike now would there? LOL......id be riding her, not some old bike LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
BlackBII,

I want to tell you how awesome your work is... Shortly after I purchased an old xs850, I discovered your project here. As a result, I am trying to accomplish something similar to what you've (with other differences of course.) I am a new member, so I am definitely open to thoughts, ideas and criticisms. Here is a look at what I am working on right now - Unfortunately, I am not the welder as I have never learned how to do it, but I have pretty decent connection with a guy who's helping me out - let me know what you think.

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts
It looks almost identical to some of the vintage racers Yamaha was making! I love it!

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Hey thanks for the compliments!

I'm posting a reply in your thread right now Maghee

As far as my bike goes....

So I got some triumph carbs off Ebay 2 weeks ago, and they haven't shown up yet. Typical Ebay seller, probably put my address in wrong or something. Fuck. I hate dealing with these ebay sellers.

Don't buy anything from Pinwall Cycle Parts, they are nothing but a bunch of douches.

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Yeah I've looked into the EFI conversion, I'll explain what I can in your thread.

So my carbs came in yesterday. Keihin from a 98 Triumph Tiger. They came looking like they had been sitting in a lake for a few years. I took them apart and cleaned out a crapload of crap. Nasty green slime and black tar. Who knows what happened in there.

So they came with size 40 pilots and size 105 mains. The 105's were not big enough and I had no power after 3k rpm. So, I took some 132.5 Mikuni main jets and screwed them in, and they fit perfectly. The bike now runs better than it probably did the day it rolled off the line in Japan. I do need to figure out how to hook up a choke cable, kick starting this thing in 40 degree weather blows.

Anyway, here are some PCITURES for you fools.

Joined the Rebel Alliance over the weekend as well.

301 - 320 of 329 Posts