Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Still in the top2 of my all time favorite yamahas
(with the blue '82 xj550 cafe)

·
Registered
14 Posts
BlackBII,

The carbs look awesome, the bike looks amazing! I can imagine the choke situation though..... Either way you slice it, I'll bet there's a bunch of people in your neck of the woods who are envious as shit over that fine bike you've built there.

I took your advice and sourced throttle-bodies, fuel rail and injectors off of a 04 Daytona 955i. I have no idea how things will line up and or fit, but if it doesn't, I can always stickem back on ebay. Also, I was thinking of finding the stainless headers off of a Speed Triple and re-configuring them to match at the exhaust ports - do you think this is feasible?

Anyways, i am really excited to see what you have done with your ride and I hope you're having a great time riding that bitch.

·
ARNOLD!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

I have seen quite a few guys use Triumph headers on their bikes over at http://www.yamaha-triples.org

I'm not sure which models, but I assume from the Trophy, Speed Triple, Sprint and Tiger 900cc models from the mid nineties. I have no idea about the 955 or 675 headers.

It looks like the 955i throttle bodies have a TPS on the side, which will be needed by the microsquirt module. I'm not sure on the voltage the TPS puts out, but I think the microsquirt can be adjusted to accept any voltage for closed-->open throttle positions. Good luck!

I was lucky enough to score a chrome MAC header off that same website in the classifieds section.

My bike is now running great, but I am going to have to put in some bigger pilot jets, as I have a slight hesitation. Once I get that done and a new muffler, I will get another video of it.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts