Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moved exhaust under the seat

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm normally a car guy....Bimmer to be specific but I needed a project for the winter. Since I told my buddy last summer we were gonna do bikes this year I felt no better time that the present to make that my project. So I began looking, it only took about 2hrs before I found it on craigslist. A 1998 Kawasaki Zx6r ninja....not-running, $1000? F--- it, I can talk him down right? So I go and take a peek, pretty nice, stumbles to run, P.O. says..."Carbs need to be clean and she'll be fine". We settle in $800......(Just realized my pics are too big, gotta figure out how to re-size them and I'll load "em up and continue the story)......A little help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, here's some pics of the beast. The ones with the gold mesh on the rear are most recent...the others are from last weekend. I'll load up more pics of what it looked like before and during the transition....but tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Looks good, looooooove the exhaust.

My only question would be... How difficult would it be to raise the headlight?
I don't see how it's secured, so it might be a pain, but if it's not... Well, I think it would look better with the headlight higher up.
But, that's just me. Still looks good.

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,964 Posts
Great start with bars and headlight.
Hacked off subbies like yours specifically always look unfinished. I'm personally not a fan of exhausts that just point away from the bike like that either. It is your bike tho so do waht you think is cool

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THanks guys, I have been thinking of fiberglass, maybe mold something around the rear to smooth it out a but, I do agree I think it will always look unfinished for the most part/ As far as the head light goes, gonna swap it out wit a new 7" roundie with brackets that attack to the forks. I found this one in a pile at a used parts place....'77 Yamaha something...The exhaust is growing on my, the guy I had to tack it on for me put it right side up, which pushes it away from the bike. I wanted it upside down so that it would curve in next to the swing arm...mis-communication i suppose but it's growing on my clearance in a right lean is my only concern. I'm glad you guys like it! Got a lot of ideas from this site. As soon as iload up all my pics via photobucket I'll show a little more!

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
not to bad, its just a very patient process, dont rush handling time, an plenty of drop cloths. wanna make sure all bubbles popped out, an use plenty of resin for pentration. you will be just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts