Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this joint (site) by accident. I liked what I saw so I am reaching out for some guidance.
Enter, a 1994 Suzuki RF900R and as old as it is and as sweet as it might've looked then, the warrior just had to be stripped! I have no ideas yet except I want him to be ferocious and completely a universe apart from the manufactured "streetfighter" trash the industry attempted to put out back in the day.

Don't we all?

With a serious limited budget and some time, I'm sure something pure can be manifested.

So I am looking for some input, guidance and ideas to be integrated perhaps with my own. Procedure to the goal could be obvious or in my case, less obvious. The point, I need a hand with this. :knucks:

Here are some pics of the start:

The start point

Problems and what the f#%k do I do with this mess? lol

Oh yea .. and this tangled mess of a head.

Finally, A little photoshop design play (off the cuff sort of speak)
I am looking for a fusion of street meets original native american warrior's steel horse. <<wink>> ....who the f#%k knows

As you can see, it's got potential. i want to keep it as simple as possible. I don't need all the pretty shiny, plastic sh!t. I just want him to look like the warrior he is, but with some obviously needed cleanup.

I am, by no means or otherwise, a designer of this art form. However, I've looked around this site and I am absolutely impressed with all of you and what you've done to your machines. Awesome is the only word I have.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
man this is a great start you have goin... lemme do some quick paint work, and ill chime in some suggestions

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man this is a great start you have goin... lemme do some quick paint work, and ill chime in some suggestions
Thanks boss. All comments and suggestions are welcome. I have not found my way, but i am not lost.:knucks:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i know what its like to be on a tight budget, and may i say diy is your friend....

ide say start by chopping it like you had in your picture, then fiberglass yourself a belly pan like this, and make sheet aluminum side panels, and tail panel to clean up that mess you have on the ass end...

ditch your front signals.

find a set of oberon bar end signals, and buy some crg bar end mirror knock offs

once you get some cash flow, the world is yours for the taking as far as headlights are considered, also ide pull some of your engine bolts, and spray them with the closest color you can find to your frame

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
as for your undertail, like i said sheet aluminum is your friend... that or fibergalss it...

mount your plate in it, and via ebay you can get pretty much any tail light you would ever want

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as for your undertail, like i said sheet aluminum is your friend... that or fibergalss it...

mount your plate in it, and via ebay you can get pretty much any tail light you would ever want
Thanks bro. yea i considered redoing the whole seat frame, but this could be just the economical fix needed.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know what its like to be on a tight budget, and may i say diy is your friend....

ide say start by chopping it like you had in your picture, then fiberglass yourself a belly pan like this, and make sheet aluminum side panels, and tail panel to clean up that mess you have on the ass end...

find a set of oberon bar end signals, and buy some crg bar end mirror knock offs

once you get some cash flow, the world is yours for the taking as far as headlights are considered, also ide pull some of your engine bolts, and spray them with the closest color you can find to your frame
what about the wiring mess that is the nose? The instrument array is a mess! i mean to say that it just looks like a bitch of a task to rewire it, or does one typically just scale back all the reporting lights? Apparently, the instruments are not weather proofed. any ideas on how to adjust that?

·
Knows nothing....
2,132 Posts
Instruments: get a trailtech or acewell universal gauge if you have enough in the budget.
Wires: find yourself a manual for your bike to download. Look at the wiring diagram and it won't look as much of a bitch to do. You can cut them down or just pull the wiring harness in a bit.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Instruments: get a trailtech or acewell universal gauge if you have enough in the budget.
Wires: find yourself a manual for your bike to download. Look at the wiring diagram and it won't look as much of a bitch to do. You can cut them down or just pull the wiring harness in a bit.
execellent. i do have a cd of the shop manual i found on the web.

21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I like this concept of an underbelly pan, however i like the wrapped pipes look best. i know it's a pain in the tail, but i think it will be worth the time. I hear that it adds a couple extra HP to the mid.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
idk so much if its a pita, but its sorta pricey, for what it is, and ive heard it rusts....?

not sure on that one though, and be glad you just need to shorten your wires haha, i had to extend all of mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts