Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Just started my first SF project. Already seen that this site is going to help me avoid mistakes and also give me some inspiration.

I have a 98 CBR1100XX, 49k miles, mildly crashed, fairing stripped and waiting for the following:

replace and paint the forks
re-locate the oil cooler to below the rad
fabricate new hoses to the oil cooler
mount Speed Triple double headlight
mount Speed Triple flyscreen
select replacement clocks
convert top yoke to straight bars
tidy up the air intakes and maybe block the gap between tank and frame.

Tail changes and resprays are not an option financially. I just want a Triple-esque Bird for the hell of it.

No pictures yet. It's not a pretty sight.

Looking forward to wisdom and inspiration from this site!

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I managed to re-locate the oil cooler to below the radiator, using a pre existing mount and a very basic alu bracket hanging from where the fan bolts to the back of the rad.

Then I chopped out the bulk of the steel pipe on each side and connected using a 10mm pipe joint I bought from an industrial hose fabrication company.

The oil cooler was twisted in the crash. It is still serviceable. When the bike is finished and roadworthy, I will set about getting a straight oil cooler with a nice guard.

Next job: find a smaller speedo from a Fireblade and hope the wiring is at least the same colour scheme...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Kazakdan! Nice intro & pics, so you've been repped! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not quite finished... but you get the idea. I went for a digital clock unit for simplicity. Need a stronger sub- frame design for the clocks and cowling, otherwise she is ready for the road. I anticipate some rough running due to different amount of air in the intakes, but I have hidden them behind the frame so it's not RAM AIR. A little tuning should do it. Smooth running to 60mph, haven't got higher than that due to local traffic conditions.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts