Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Man, that sucks!

The garage where I get my MOTs done had a map with red dots on where customers had crashed after they had been told to go easy on new tyres on the way home and had not listened.

Love the sticker though!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Yeah he'd been warning me about how dodgy new tyres could be as well :D I should have pointed out that the seat pitches your weight onto the bars, combine that with the rear wheel being way out the back and it means there's no weight above the rear tyre whatsoever. I imagine it's the perfect recipe for burnouts, and also launching bikes up the road!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
So I had my first bike trip and first trip overseas at the weekend. Northern Ireland for the road racing at Armoy. As expected, we've had like 8 weeks of sunshine, so it rained most of the weekend and the racing was called off. Still got to see the practice/qualifying races though, so that was awesome.

New grips and clutch lever

Left home at 2:40am

Stopped a few miles off the ferry for a stretch and some photos.

Arrived in the town we stayed at for the weekend - Ballycastle was lovely

Parked up on arrival, and ready to leave where we stayed.

Stopped after a couple hundred miles of torrential rain. I was fully numb by then; all my gear soaked right through, and my bag soaked and everything in it fucked. The bike performed well but needs a very good clean, and the speedo/warning light was acting up in the wet - I don't think they're designed for wet weather!

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.