Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
i am never sure what i am expected to say to posts like this

you can conciser dropping 17k on a motorcycle... sick brah?

build it do not buy it

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am never sure what i am expected to say to posts like this

you can conciser dropping 17k on a motorcycle... sick brah?

build it do not buy it
I wasn't trying to make the point that I have $$$ to blow on a bike. More that I love the bike but in the end couldn't justify-
A) that much cash, then ongoing BS service costs
B) I'd hate knowing I'd spent a fortune on a naked bike and that I'd not done any work myself

I'm dying to DW myself, not to the extent of some of the guys on here but still enough to call it my own version of whatever bike I choose.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Fuck even new liter bikes are ~$15,000 (US)...
$17,000 doesn't seem all that ridiculous taking that into consideration.

But side note.... I fucking love the look of that bike. In that blue and white color scheme...so sexy.
I'm all for built not bought don't get me wrong, but I can see the bright side of being able to just hop on the bike and ride. Not the got to fix this or diagnose this or change that before I ride the bike I built B.S. Any factory bike is great till you start fucking with it, then it just has character and a soul....

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
I'll never buy another NEW bike again there's way to many nice used bikes out there to blow money on a new one

That being said I love my fighter but as mentioned its nice to have another bike that everything works and I know I can trust it to take me where ever and as far as I want

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: Notyetafighter

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
If you're worried about a bike going over, you're choice of hobbies sucks :doh:
I think his concerns were move about the value of his dollars rather then the thought of his bike falling over.

I can sympathize with that dude, when i ride my bikes i ride pretty fucking hard.

Just last night i had to steer around some fucking cats that ran out into the road, then the thought sank in.. A stray cat could wad my 17k bike into a mess

No thanks man, I guess there is a pretty nice benefit or riding a bike that is barley worth 5k :knucks:

but the bike i was on last night was worth 10 :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts