Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Coitus Non Circum!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a honda cbr900rr. went to see about buying one from hafer tuning but i guess they went outta biz for some reason. can someone do a cap like this? time frame would be within the next 2-3 months.

Attachments

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Honestly your looking at turning the shape on a lathe, then cutting the cap and turning threads, milling the slots, then cnc milling the knucks then plating, polishing and painting. For just a one off single piece you are looking at $400-500 minimum. 99% of it labor cost obviously. Would be much cheaper to just find one you like thats mass produced still and buy it. Unless your rich, then fuck it, have it made.

·
Coitus Non Circum!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it was still mass produced i would have already ordered one. but all the good streetfigter parts companys have closed doors over the last few years :( motocyco, angry guy streetfighter, hafer... freaking sucks big time

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
if it was still mass produced i would have already ordered one. but all the good streetfigter parts companys have closed doors over the last few years :( motocyco, angry guy streetfighter, hafer... freaking sucks big time
ya man no good, lots of motorcycle co's shutting their doors lately. good luck on your search though.

·
Coitus Non Circum!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't - don't have any of my precision measuring tools with me. It's a honda cbr900rr - takes the normal honda tank cap. Hell I'll be happy if it will screw on to a vortex or someone else's base..

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Your cheapest bet is to buy a mass produced one from ebay for $20 like this one. Have the center cap milled flat then have a set of knucks made up that either epoxy or machine screw to it. Then paint to match. Could probably end up with one damn similar to what you posted for under $100

·
Coitus Non Circum!
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a damn good idea and it would work too.

Anyone with a mill wanna take on a lil project?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.