Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I'm about done with my F3 CBR900RR build I was getting it ready for paint. And I had a feeling my tank had some bondo but not like this!!! A good 2" of bondo on both sides... So I'm looking on eBay for new tanks and it looks like a lot of them have only one bolt hole on top and aren't the same shape as mine on the bottom?? The PO started this build and I've seen many other F3's with this tank do what gives? Looks like the top mounts on the tank are "custom" too... Bike is a 96 900rr with an 03 600rr tail...

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
just use that tank until you get a new one. As long as it doesnt leak you should be fine.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Hells yea, if it don't leak, use it till ya can source a new one. Put out a distress call, I did on here when I needed one bad and got me a resonably priced one shipped within a week. CF 4L

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
the earlier bikes had 1 bolt tanks, later ones with two bolts. They were also slightly narrower for a better ergonomic fit. The tap on one-bolt tanks may come from a bike with fuel pump, and wouldn't be right. You should be able to use your tap if it's OK.

Hold out for the later piece, that way it will "just fit".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts