1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
I'm normally against camo... but somehow that just works!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thought id give it a chance and get something that stands out! (ironic that I want camoflauge to stand out)

just found out you cant buy that camo pattern in the right size to fit my tank :( any chance I could be a pain and get you to do it in this camo instead hrdy? its not much different but can actually get this one in right size

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...rographic-Printing-Film/512158_566901782.html

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
U planning to do it yourself? If you're gonna plunge it upside down head first into the tank the sides are gonna bend and distort like hell, my fairings are dipped and the guy said straight up no way he's gonna get them pretty at one go, so he dipped them one side at a time, hence the orange go-fast stripe to cover the seam.

·
Super Moderator
5,667 Posts
Mmh... IMO it needs the black...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still like the second one :) the black does help though!

I have a friend who does it really well so he's only charging me for the material!

Might get the first film and then do a black stripe down the middle? Think that might work. Your go faster stripes on yours mattson work really well so might take some inspiration from yours

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Word. That totally surprised me. When I read camo I cringed...scrolled down...loved it.

And once again, hrdy is the boss.
hardy definitely is a boss!

the reason behind camo is all my previous bikes and my current daily is gloss black...now as stealthy and cool as black is...I feel like its time to make something that is a bit more in your face haha!

sadly the first camo print I got hardy to do you can't get wide enough :'(

thinking this one now if hardy isn't fed up with me yet ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEDIUM-BL...hash=item27fb711154:m:mLp2CQic4aUb2f1rdt0KkHw

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still not got a clue on what paint to go with for this bike! anyone got any suggestions?
what about digital camo? urgh how can choosing a colour be this hard

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I like the blue and white camo. If you can't find hydro sheets maybe you could get some vinyl sheets with the print. Paint the tank and plastics white and then cut out all the blue from the vinyl and apply those pieces separately or buy different color vinyl sheets and make your own pattern.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hrdy you are a wizard i think i need a lesson of photoshop with you!

RedLiner thats quite a good idea! i like that digital camo pattern :) will be ready for paint in about 2 weeks so will be deciding then!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts