Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sickboy
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy dropped off a 75 CB200 motor for me to rebuild for him. Any quarks or things to watch out for on these particular motors?

Also, two questions 1. besides ebay are there any companies that sell parts for this motor?

2. Anyone have any info on what it takes to make this motor kickstart only?
 

·
UnicycleMode
Joined
·
7,584 Posts
Nothing stands out in particular at all. Very basic points ignition that works flawlessly 99% of the time, the other 1% is when the contacts are not adjusted or dirty, two screws for the cover, two for the timing plate, and you are good to go with a new set of contacts.


The charging system may be a major limitation when converting to an electronic ignition though. May want to explore rewinding the stator for more power if you do go the electric route.



Kick only would be as simple as finding a twin cylinder chopper diagram.
 

·
sickboy
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing stands out in particular at all. Very basic points ignition that works flawlessly 99% of the time, the other 1% is when the contacts are not adjusted or dirty, two screws for the cover, two for the timing plate, and you are good to go with a new set of contacts.


The charging system may be a major limitation when converting to an electronic ignition though. May want to explore rewinding the stator for more power if you do go the electric route.



Kick only would be as simple as finding a twin cylinder chopper diagram.
Talked to a few guys over on honda twins and I guess its the opposite. The electronic ignition is pretty easy, $140 in parts from pextronics (however thats spelled) and your good to go and fully electronic, 10 min, easy peazy. But as far as kick only, the stator is no where near powerful enough to keep the bike running with no battery so it would have to be rewound and even thats questionable so were just going to keep the battery.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top