Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '92 Katana 600 that I'm turning into a bobber/streetfighter. I took the bulky headlight/cluster bracket off the front so the gauges are just dangling right now.

Definitely going with a modern "vintage" style 7 inch fisheye headlight that clamps to the forks. If it would fit the stock plug that'd be great.

Debating whether or not to ditch the stock gauges that are in like 4" deep buckets. The only method I've come up with in keeping them stock is to fab up a mounting bracket that utilizes the old fairing tabs on the frame to the left and right of the tank. Still in view, and juuust clear of the forks.

Only other option is to go aftermarket gauges. If I go that road I'm in the market for an affordable one with speedometer, tach, fuel gauge bare minimum. Preferably with a gear/shift indicator to boot.

Advice welcomed. Thanks guys.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
The 01S needle is speedo, the 01 needle is tach.
Both seem to display the same info, just the needle gauges are different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if the tach is needle the Speed is digital? I'd rather have it that way. Rpms fluctuate too fast to be digital. It's a headache.

·
4,007 Posts
Yeah, with the 01. With the 01S it looks like the needle is speed, so I'd assume the tach is the digital readout. I'm just going off pictures and descriptions here though.
I agree, I much prefer a needle tach. Actually I prefer analog gauges for everything, even my watch.
I have the RX-1N on one of my bikes, pretty happy with it so far. Currently my only complaints with it are the fact that you can't adjust backlight brightness (it's BRIGHT) and the lack of adjustability on fuel sensor resistance. Overall, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm leaning towards the 01. I read more on the 01S but it doesn't mention tach. Can you post a pic of your rx1n on your bike? They're both the same price. I think I like the 01s loom better and it seems smaller. I'd have to see the other one on a bike to be sure.

·
4,007 Posts
Click the build link in my sig... it's on one of the last couple pages.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read the whole thread. Nice bike. I think I'll go with the TNT-01. Since its so thin I might even drill int the triple and tap it to mount below. We'll see. Hard to tell until I actually have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts