Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so the driving lights i got are shit. so i'm looking for a DOT approved headlight. preferably dual black round ones. but a square one wouldnt be bad either.
anyone know of any? and i dont mean something from acerbis.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Aztec8 lights are sweet.

Could also try PIAA driving lights. They actually work.

Get whatchapayfor.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think im gonna order the aztec8 dual black ones. they look real nice! a little pricey... but like haelo said. you get what you pay for.
the lights i was using were form wal mart and i paid $25 for them.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I have a driving light that my fiancee got for me from walmart. I used them on my golf then took them off when i sold it. it is incredibly bright

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
powerbronze uses 2 35 wat bulbs so no high beams. aztec uses a 55/60 wat bulbs so twice as bright and has a high beam.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they were bright... but very cheap quality. its ok though... i just basically emptied out my bank account on a bc800, powers stuntworx race railz, and of course, aztec 8 dual headlights!!! woot woot! bike's ALMOST done!!!!!! cmon ups!!!

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
I have a spare set of 4 inch duals that I got from Aztec8. They're brand new, never installed. I was planning on using them for my 900RR project but I've decided to go in another direction. I need to keep the fork clamps and triangle brackets but I'd sell the lights and wiring. Make me an offer..

Looks like Aztec8 is selling them for $158 + shipping. http://aztec8.com/catalog/i35.html

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
I have the lsl mig lights, they do break the bank. But build quality, and overall light output is outstanding. If you go the route, and since you wanted black, get the black ones. The polished ones are a PITA to keep polished and not looking like ass (hence why mine are black now)

Edit - they are both DOT approved, and euro approved, whatever the acroymn for them is

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah. i already bought everything and hopefully they are being shipped. i need them asap!
(and i beleive euro is SNELL) correct me if im wrong

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
European approval is TUV.. TUV is actually the German one, but it's stricter than all other european standards.

SNELL is a helmet rating from the Snell foundation.

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
I have the lsl mig lights, they do break the bank. But build quality, and overall light output is outstanding. If you go the route, and since you wanted black, get the black ones. The polished ones are a PITA to keep polished and not looking like ass (hence why mine are black now)

Edit - they are both DOT approved, and euro approved, whatever the acroymn for them is
Ah yes the LSL Mig lights. I carry them as well and they are outstanding quality, far above the rest but are kinda of pricy. They will run you over $400 but you get what you pay for.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i went with the aztec8 dual black. also got the mounting hardware just so i dont have to mess with making some shitty attempt at one. we'll see how it comes out. i'll have pics of pretty much a finished bike minus paint by the end of next week. i'm doing some sheet metal work today when i get off work. we'll see how it goes. i'm making an undertail and side cover panels for the subframe. wish me luck.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
GOOD LUCK!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts