Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. hope everyone is doing well.

So I am ready to finally start working of the 03 636 i acquired a couple of months ago. I have decided to turn it into something similar to Rohr's ZZR600 cafe/bobber/streetfighter. (Heres the link to his before/after http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showpost.php?p=852415&postcount=7 ). I've already ordered some parts but the specific headlight im looking for eludes me. I finally found a picture that has the HL i want (in the attachment) in the pic section of this forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me find this type of HL online or what bike it comes on stock.
thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,061 Posts
It's a MT-03 headlight. It came stock on a Yamaha MT-03 which was never imported to the US as far as I know.

BTW, feel free to stop by the "Welcome Center (For Noobs!)" and make a little intro post.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch for your quick response Doug. I definitely will swing by the welcome center when I download the pictures of my bike to my pc. Don't want to go there empty handed.

As for the MT-03 headlight. haven't been able to find it for cheaper than 150 and i dont want to spend that much money on a headlight. ive been looking for alternatives, and something that caught my eye was this

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-He...TF8&colid=1ZO2ZI2QU24I2&coliid=I3GDEPN18MCEW3

I know how I would mount it if I got it but I'm not experienced with the lighting systems in bikes and wanted to ask here if this light would even work on my bike. I've been looking in the service manual and haven't found if its the same voltage as the current setup.

any idea?

·
Super Moderator
3,061 Posts
It's a universal headlight so with a fabricated mounting bracket, it'll fit anything.

The voltage is the same (12V) but the light output will probably be horrible compared to a stock light. The one you linked to is 35W/35W and most OEM headlights are 55W/60W.

Later, Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts