Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Okay, so I went down. Sucked, slid on some metal grating on this street and went down on the right side at about 25 doing a turn. DAMMMMMMM!!!!! #$%@^@*!& it's a 2008 aprilia shiver.

I'm okay, sprained ankle and have some pretty bad rashes on knee and fore arm.

I need help with the bike and I have questions to assess the damage. I don't know what I'm looking at yet and my wife and I have a road trip planned in 2 weeks. I don't have a lot of money right now, so will need to buy parts and figure it out.

Please help me with all your infinite wisdom!

Here's the damage:

Foot Peg - That I can just buy a new one. 30 bucks. Fine.

Right Turn signal - I will have to live with it for now I think... get to that in a bit.

Oil Case cover - here's where I'm nervous, when we pulled the bike back up, there was oil coming on the outside of the cover and on the ground. The oil case doesn't look too badly damaged. I've attached a picture. But it's not too bad I think. But oil was on the outside and on the ground. What could this be? Busted? Seal busted? Replace? No big deal, whatcha think? No visible oil leak, but oil was definitely coming out of the casing while it was down I believe.

Radiator - the radiator seems to be okay as a whole, but the screw holding it together was busted and it may be that the hose connecting from the resevuour to the radio was disconnected... thoughts? I also have a picture of this but it's fuzzy.

I would really like to see what I can fix, I'm super tight on cash right now.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

ugh, I'm so rattled I probably wont sleep tonight. dammmmmmmm:doh:

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
if your rash is pretty bad go to a doctor dude, gangrene is no joke

I was told during my accident that skin damage is far worse than impact damage, as impact will eventually heal itself

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's good to know. THanks I will clean it again just in case. Any thoughts on the bike?

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
yeah, fix it

ebay craigslist etc

for that case, ebay you might get lucky.. drain the oil and see if there is metal fragments in your oil (to be sure nothing got into the engine) if you HAVE to use it JB weld up that bitch

as for the Radiator, A zip tie has worked in a place of a bolt for me for almost 20 fucking miles once, Zip tie that thing up

chances are if you don't have much money and you need it fixed NOW. you're gonna have a bad time, but you may get lucky but probably not

forget about the bike for now, lets see pics of that arm, then after we are sure you're not going to lose your fucking limb take photo by photo of the things you are concerned about and i'll help you or get others to chim in.

Don't play with your health like that, road rash is nasty.. you let every germ and other nasty in your body's oil! (blood) lets see some pics of the damage on you

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow nailhead. Thanks so much for the support bro.

Okay I will post some pictures in a few.

Washed it with hydrogen peroxide last night. Burned like a bitch. Washed it 2 times since then. I hope it will be okay...

Send picks in just a bit.

(Thanks again for the help)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: oldrider

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
they told me not to use peroxide very much only once every few days, that doesnt look that bad so you should be ok

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yah of course wasn't wearing my jacket.... love karma... anyway

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Lol you didn't have to dress up to take the rash picture....:)
Looks like you'll survive man.
As for the cover I'd pop it off and do as "nailhead" said inspect for pieces and then clean it up and JB weld it. I've run JB weld repaired stator covers on a few bikes. If the crack doesn't go all the way out to the flange where the mounting holes are I'd do go that route and buy a new one later on when funds allow...

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay that makes sense. I took a few more pics. That makes sense on the clutch cover. I'm going to get that off and Check it out.

I took a few more pics.

What u guys think of the radiator? Can I weld it or is the aluminum just going to be impossible to get around? ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1374543934.830944.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1374543953.529684.jpg

And that's how I dress for work. Haha

·
Registered
740 Posts
For the road rash, find a medical supply store in your area (regular pharmacies don't have it), and ask for this shit called DuoDerm. It's these square plastic patches covered in magic healing gel. Cut to size and slap it over the wound after gently cleaning and drying it. Stuff is amazingly effective. Change it every 2-3 days, I bet within a week it'll be totally gone. No scabbing or scarring either.

For the leaking case you can probably pull the cover, clean it well with a degreaser, and just JB weld the crack from the inside. Better would be to have it TIG welded, if you have access or know someone that's good at it.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay ima hit that!

Now fellas. On the radiator. The mount is broken. Aprilia telling me it's 575 for a new radiator.

One guy suggested welding the mount. Anyone have tips on aluminum welding?

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 42 Posts