Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Any chance you can narrow it down a little by what was taken apart (suspension, bodywork, carbs, etc.? Or was it included in a box of stuff with the bike?

It does look vaguely familiar, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing that would cause catastrophic instant death mechanical failure. ;)

Just a wild guess, it seems like it could very well be something from the airbox or carb area. Had a '96 F3 I dug though the entirety of with my brother (ridden, raced, run on studded tires on a frozen lake, then parted out) and can't recall exactly where I could have seen a rubber grommet like that before. Whats the diameter of it? I'm sure me, or someone else, will check some microfiche's and find it. ;)

·
Meanhawthorne
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any chance you can narrow it down a little by what was taken apart (suspension, bodywork, carbs, etc.? Or was it included in a box of stuff with the bike?

It does look vaguely familiar, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing that would cause catastrophic instant death mechanical failure. ;)

Just a wild guess, it seems like it could very well be something from the airbox or carb area. Had a '96 F3 I dug though the entirety of with my brother (ridden, raced, run on studded tires on a frozen lake, then parted out) and can't recall exactly where I could have seen a rubber grommet like that before. Whats the diameter of it? I'm sure me, or someone else, will check some microfiche's and find it. ;)
I took whole bike apart to powdercoat frame was in the bolts bin I was the dumbass that did not label shit. Carbs are together I didn't disasimible anything "I THOUGHT I COULD NOT REMEMBER"
it's a couple hairs shy of 3/4in diameter and a hair over 1/16th in thick

Oh and awesome response time faster than ambulance in my neighborhood (the hood) !!:party-smiley:

Attachments

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
CF is pretty awesome with quick replies, we've got a hell of a collection of great minds here on the forum and quite a range of knowledge, from vintage bikes you've never heard of, to gray market and black listed for US import, all the way to race models never intended for the street, and occasionally the odd manufacturer that only made a few models before going belly up 40+ years ago. We tend to do our best to track down the answers someone may need.

Had a half hour this morning during my usual coffee so I've been though every single page on bikebandit I can think of (and the rest :D) and can't come up with what is presumably a 19x1.5mm O ring, the recessed bit of it may have been due to how long it's been wherever it was at, as they usually are just a round donut shaped deal to begin with. The only bolts/parts on a F3 I can think of off the top of my head that are 19/20mm are the swingarm pivot bolt (I think), the rear axle, and maybe a bushing or collar (with a smaller diameter bolt inside them) for the foot rests or exhaust mounts.

The menu on the left has sub assemblies you can click on to see exploded diagrams with all the part numbers and descriptions below the microfiche:

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1998-honda-cbr600f3/o/m2047

The actual Honda part # for that size O ring is: 91361-MB0-000

Listed as fitting the ST1100 and VF700 Sabre. That part # seem to pertain to the swingarm (shaft drive on both ST and VF listings) but on the CBR600F3 I'm not seeing anything of the sort on the swingarm itself, or anywhere else for that matter.

I even went as far in the search as looking for ebay listings with just misc. hardware from F3's in hopes a box of "engine hardware", or "suspension hardware" would return a few pics of parts to hopefully narrow the search... no luck though.

Like an adult version of Where's Waldo.... except he crafty bastard may not even be in the picture. :nuts:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-Honda-CBR-600-F3-Box-of-Engine-Parts-Bolts-/191745469759

I am beginning to assume they were used as bushings somewhere in the bodywork so as to keep it from rattling or something. Could have been previous owner trickery that is causing the "where is this even from?" to arise. I would put the bike back together and expect that if they are crucial to one assembly or another, it will be pretty apparent where they belong, otherwise, I would just call it weight reduction. :D

Hope that helps. ;)

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts
The only thing i can remember from an F3 that looks like that and is remotely that size is inside the "oil cooler" on the front of your case and those rubber rings that the head cover bolts go thru

There are no O rings that style or size in the forks

Maybe they're just extra shit?

·
Meanhawthorne
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CF is pretty awesome with quick replies, we've got a hell of a collection of great minds here on the forum and quite a range of knowledge, from vintage bikes you've never heard of, to gray market and black listed for US import, all the way to race models never intended for the street, and occasionally the odd manufacturer that only made a few models before going belly up 40+ years ago. We tend to do our best to track down the answers someone may need.

Had a half hour this morning during my usual coffee so I've been though every single page on bikebandit I can think of (and the rest :D) and can't come up with what is presumably a 19x1.5mm O ring, the recessed bit of it may have been due to how long it's been wherever it was at, as they usually are just a round donut shaped deal to begin with. The only bolts/parts on a F3 I can think of off the top of my head that are 19/20mm are the swingarm pivot bolt (I think), the rear axle, and maybe a bushing or collar (with a smaller diameter bolt inside them) for the foot rests or exhaust mounts.

The menu on the left has sub assemblies you can click on to see exploded diagrams with all the part numbers and descriptions below the microfiche:

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/1998-honda-cbr600f3/o/m2047

The actual Honda part # for that size O ring is: 91361-MB0-000

Listed as fitting the ST1100 and VF700 Sabre. That part # seem to pertain to the swingarm (shaft drive on both ST and VF listings) but on the CBR600F3 I'm not seeing anything of the sort on the swingarm itself, or anywhere else for that matter.

I even went as far in the search as looking for ebay listings with just misc. hardware from F3's in hopes a box of "engine hardware", or "suspension hardware" would return a few pics of parts to hopefully narrow the search... no luck though.

Like an adult version of Where's Waldo.... except he crafty bastard may not even be in the picture. :nuts:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-Honda-CBR-600-F3-Box-of-Engine-Parts-Bolts-/191745469759

I am beginning to assume they were used as bushings somewhere in the bodywork so as to keep it from rattling or something. Could have been previous owner trickery that is causing the "where is this even from?" to arise. I would put the bike back together and expect that if they are crucial to one assembly or another, it will be pretty apparent where they belong, otherwise, I would just call it weight reduction. :D

Hope that helps. ;)
Ratfighter You fucking are awesome my brother probably did add it to reduce rattling. I do think it comes from swingarm not sure was in a bad rearend then t-boned on the interstate (i-95south) so I can't even put my bike back together neck and back injury's and lacerated spleen, hopefully i will still be able to ride soon! plus just got frame back from powdercoat 3 days after accident so if anyone in the jax fl area can help me put back together God bless if not I can wait :rock:

·
Meanhawthorne
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a light bulb go off if I am not mistaken I think it's for this custom harley looking circle headlight but plz let me know if it's not no rush as I'm still unable to finish build just yet due to injury's :doh::doh:

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear you're all effed up from a crash! I lost my spleen in my early teens and broke and beat up everything else I could over the years. Recovery time sucks watching all the projects and things you want to do just sit idle and wait. Best of luck for a quick recover from it all.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that those O rings would be standard and not metric and pertain to the mounting points of the headlight bucket to keep it from rattling. A bigger version of them is used as rubber isolators for the headlight mounts on vintage japanese bikes.

Florida isn't exactly a trip to the next town out here in Wisco, but I'm sure there might be someone local to you that might help out. Seems there is quite a few people around from your state, not sure how local though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts