Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question, if someone could answer me that would be great
i connected lense and everything works except HI beam. at the beginning i thought that headlight is broken. but after i tested it on battery everything worked. only thing HI beam wire just lifts something inside lense and it opens up the upper part of beam. so i have to connect HI and LO beam wires at once. when connected to bike. Passing option lights HI beam. i checked manual for info on dimmer. it seems that it has only two optiions either HI or LO beam. i opened it up and saw that there is another place to solder in.

so my idea is to swap them on location on dimmer and make a bridge for LO beam, so it's always turned on. Please tell me if i;m wrong or no

i realise that switch will be the opposite. but it's still better than nothing.

also i could try to hook up it with passing switch. cuz that works

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Hi I can't answer your question but I made a set of small jumper leads with small crocodile clips. You can use these to bridge the contacts and see what happens.
This should put you in the right direction

·
V four honda whore
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just figured out that this wont work... looking at manual i understand that it's either Bu/W+W for LO or Bu+W for HI. so if i make Bu/W+W permanent conection, then when on HI it should be all three together.

·
V four honda whore
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just take low beam out of the switch and have it always connected then have hi beam connect all three. If that makes sense to you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
not really... about low beam yeah. but i need high beam to be able to switch off.. so only on one dimmer position it needs to be turned on. i'm just gonna take low beam wire(blue and white) and connect to incomming white. so they are always together. i just would love some expet opinion on this :D

·
V four honda whore
12,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had H4, now i have HID
went from this
to this

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
not really... about low beam yeah. but i need high beam to be able to switch off.. so only on one dimmer position it needs to be turned on. i'm just gonna take low beam wire(blue and white) and connect to incomming white. so they are always together. i just would love some expet opinion on this :D
We are saying same thing... Take low beam out of switch and connect so always on and use high beam switch to add the wires when turned on. I've had to do this with one of my many headlights I swapped over the years. No expert but always worked for me. Had to do it every time I wanted a dual headlight(fog lights). So one always stayed on and other would join with it when high beam turned on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts