Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there Custom Fighter members! I have been needing some help with my bike, possibly electrical.

So I got off work and went to start my bike and when i put the key in I noticed my instrument panel did not light up! also my fan kicks on when i have the key turned on (directly hooked) but my fan did not kick on. I pushed the start button and nothing not even a click from the starter. I decided to take the seats off to check all fuses and the 30 amp fuse for the starter cylinoid. They was all good! I remember a trick to put a screw driver on both point of the starter cylinoid and she turned over and over but didn't start. I even jumped her off with the truck not running. NOTHING, I had been messing with the bike for hours in the parking lot, not fun lol.

So i decided to do the last thing on my mind, I called my dad had to drive 2 hours to get him. When he got there he had pulled a wire off that was burned and hooked the wire direct to the battery. Was not sure if tne wire he pulled off was for ignition or starter but once he did the instrument panel lit up and had to hook the fan to the battery as well. Good thing I got her home and didn't burn nothing up! LOL

Please help!

·
Registered
740 Posts
This sounds pretty straightforward, repair this burnt wire off your battery. Most bikes only have one cable to each battery post, unless it has been modified which it sounds like yours has. People do all sorts of strange cobbing to wiring on their bike so without seeing it I can't really say much, but if putting it on the battery solves the problem, then just do that. Cut off the burnt section and splice in a new length. Pictures would help.

Better yet, replace the entire wire with one of thicker gauge. If it looks like it was melting, it's too thin of a gauge and the problem will probably re-occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts