Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Suzuki bandit I am converting from the faired version to naked, I'm having trouble designing a mount for both my headlight and gauge cluster, wondering if anyone had any ideas or if anyone has ever done this

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
nope. nobody here has ever done anything of the sort :D

no but seriously. just about everyone here has done exactly this to their bike. have a look around and you'll get some ideas.

i bought some universal headlight clamps and they kinda suck. there are some nice cheap DIY instructions for making clamps somewhere around here...

my 98 bandit has the gauges mounted properly to begin with so i can't help ya there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the help, I had a few ideas I was more curious of just what others have done for the bracket and ideas on the best way to do it

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
well you can re locate the key and use the post where the cylinder mounts to mount there. are you changing front ends?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just look at a heap, work out how you want it to look and make it happen!
You can get digital instruments if you’d prefer, they’re a lot more slimline than the standard gauges - koso, acewell, motogadget.
Plenty of headlight options, from standard 7” round chrome/black, dirtbike lights, leds, vrod headlight.

personally I got rid of the key as the stock yoke looked pretty crap, went with Vrod headlight, koso db01rn, then made the brackets, it wasn’t that hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts