Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help guys......?

Fitted a carb jet kit to my 96 vfr750 yesterday, raised needles with 2 shims, an went up to 130 jets on rear an 132.5' on front cylinders, runs fine till you hit high rpm thens its almost like you hit the rev limiter early and kind of studders??
Running underseat exhaust and k&n filter, was running fine before jet kit but was lean/running hot an backfiring on the over run ALOT........
Could it be being starved of fuel at high revs? Only prob is my floats arnt adjustable........
Any suggestions as I cant really afford dynotime at moment :(

·
Registered
740 Posts
If the problem is concentrated in the top end, it's probably the mains. The needles will be wide open by about 2/3 throttle.

Was the jet kit for an otherwise stock bike? Running without the stock airbox and KN filters dramatically changes fueling needs, all else constant it will run much leaner and thus need bigger jets to compensate.

Generally speaking stuttering is from a too rich condition and bogs are from too lean. Take a look at your plugs to get a hint about where to go, you might call the manufacturer of the jet kit and explain your setup and issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts